Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - American Automotive Equipment lifts?
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 08:55 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Engine basic condition - how to check Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_padavano
I didn't find anything when I searched, so here goes. Anyone have any experience with lifts from American Automotive Equipment (AAE) or American Products lifts? The prices seem too good to be true (yeah, I know - that's why I'm asking), but frankly, if I can get an 11,000 lb lift for $1600 and I only use it for vehicles up to 5,000 lbs, that's still an additional 2:1 safety margin. This is the one I'm considering:

http://www.americanautomotiveequipme...-p/tp011-d.htm

I think you logic is flawed. If you are nervous about the quality of the lower rated lift, why would you think the 11000 is any better. Probably the same guys or machines welding them and testing them. You really cant be sure that it isn't the same lift with a larger cylinder, painted a different color.
An 11K lb lift for 1600 is very suspicious. I dont think Iwould want to work under it. We have a Mohawk and a Rotary and they both are well constructed.
You are playing with at best your car and at worst your life. You can buy a good lift for $3500-$5000, why mess around.

Another thing is the 2 cylinder lifts can be a pain in the butt. We had one and the two sides of the lift often would get out of sync, (one higher than the other) and you would have to put it all the way up and all the way down a couple time to get it back in synch

Chet