American Chopper build off - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2011, 10:11 PM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

American Chopper build off

Did any of you watch the 3 way bike build off between OCC ( Paul SR) Paul Jr, ( JR designs) and Jessie James?

lots of trash talking from the ole man Sr and Jessie,, Jr pretty much let his design work and fabrication do his Talking,
I think Jessie built a beautiful bike as usual, but nothing he hasn't built before,, a" bobber" with a little flash, no Doubt Jessie has tons of talent ,, and the machinery and tools to make just about anything you can imagine, and is so full of himself he sucks ( IMO) Trying to get back in the bike business after his rich wife dumped him,,
and then theres Sr,, a no talent wanna be that has his crew do everything, and if he touches anything he screws it up,,

Its on the discovery channel,, and probably be a rerun for awhile.. good viewing and lots of drama like always.

http://screenrant.com/american-chopp...er-aco-142404/

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2011, 10:46 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

There are some talented people building those machines. Jr's. bike was off the hook. I don't know if it is a bike that could be ridden. Those hoops don't have much rubber on them. Jessies bike was also cool too. One think about his stuff is, you can ride it like you stold it. I didn't know he wasn't building anymore. What happened to West Coast Choppers? Anyway, Sr's. got some talent working for him, to bad they aren't at Jr's. place. One thing Discovery Channel thrives on is DRAMA! To bad...

Keith
Old 12-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

I seen it also.... I like all builder's,, But the drama suck's...I'm getting to the point I don't even want to watch them show's because Of all the drama....You can tell Paul Jr doesn't want all the drama,,, He just want's to do his thing... I really like Watching him.... He talk's more about how things are done...

Now I like Jesse's craftsmanship and he can be lay-ed back at times... But he can kick when he want's to also.. I never had the chance to meet any of them...To know for sure how they really are in real life... So I won't bad mouth any of them... I was glade to see Paul Sr and Jr Hug... That was the best part of the show to me... Life is to short to be like they are... Paul Sr need's to lighten up on Paul Jr...Remember !!!! That's your son man !!!!!

One thing I can say about Jesse...He say's what he feel's..

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 12-10-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:49 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Senior can be the old man and Jessie is Racer X.

There are a lot of talented guys behind all of these guys but the bikes shown in the build off didn't strike a chord w/me.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:05 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I haven't seen part 2 yet, it's dvr'ed, the wife and I will probably watch it Sunday afternoon. Seniors bike looks like a lawn mower, I had to laugh, then I felt bad for him, I think either him or Jason is going to kill that business with toys that look like bikes. I also believe that without the drama between Jr. And Sr., the show would be gone, off the air.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:24 AM

Last journal entry: 54 Chevy street rod

The Build -off and Jesse

Just watched a show today (Sunday) in which Jesse was building an old water cooled knucklehead out of a 30's sprint car in his new digs in Austin Texas. Wasn't Sandra from around there or something? I think Sonny Barger settled around there too. Jesse's into blacksmithing now. He rides an EVO. He should be riding something older with class, like a knuck, a pan, or at least a shovel. He said he was closing the doors on West Coast Choppers. He was at the beginning and the end of that phase. Don't see too many people rushing out to spend a $100k on a bike anymore. Choppers are dead, I'll sell my 52 pan for reasonable (was in Biker magazine), I want to build a cafe/boardtrack style now and need the money. Seniors bike (?) wasn't even a bike. Could that even be ridden at 80 mph, laying down? It was all a publicity hype from the Discovery channel. Nobody loses when your getting paid to be an idiot on national TV.

Last edited by Slapz; 12-11-2011 at 11:45 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-11-2011, 11:30 AM

Last photo:

Unfortunately, drama is what puts and keeps these shows on TV. Personally, I'd like to see a bit more of how they do things rather than the chairs getting thrown against the wall. As far as the bikes. My thought was WTF. Sr's wasn't even a motorcycle. It was kinda like an ATV with flame throwers. Jesse's was a beautiful bike, but you could have a similar bike built by any one of a number of builders, no bling. Jr's bike was all bling and pretty unrealistic from a chopper standpoint.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Die standin' up

Last journal entry: geezer69 nova 63
Last photo:

if i had to ride one of the three id choose jessys bike. bling dont mean crap to me.paul jr is talented for sure but to me its a good rider that wins.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:37 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezer69
if i had to ride one of the three id choose jessys bike. bling dont mean crap to me.paul jr is talented for sure but to me its a good rider that wins.
My point was that I didn't think any of the three were worthy of being in a Biker Build Off Challenge. But you're right, Jesse's was the nicest rider.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:42 PM

Last photo:

I agree about being a rider..
Jesse won that hands down for sure and he made a good point about that...

One thing I can say... He builds them to ride...The other's are display bikes..... You never see any of the other bikes flying down the hwy like Jesse does...... I have to give him that much for sure....
Old 12-11-2011, 02:02 PM

Last photo:

I like the artistic creativity of Junior's build... but the wheels and tires really put me off.

Jesse's was a nice bike... but didn't have much unique about it to grab your attention. Functional... but I would call it uninteresting.

Seniors was well... useless! What would you do with a machine like that. It gave me a neck cramp, just thinking about trying to ride... I mean drive... I mean lay on it. No useable suspension.... and those flame throwers would be a 10 year-old's dream... but no one else's!

The best combo I can see would be Jesse's bike, with Junior's tin... and ditch the ******* smoke.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:40 PM

Last journal entry: A few ongoing projects
Last photo:

The History Channel had a 2 hour Jesse James special on this morning. It apparently cover his trip to Israel to learn blacksmithing and the build of a new bike using a 1937 Drake water cooled Knuckle Head (used in 30s-40s ľ mile midget cars.

I only caught the last ten minutes of it but it looked kind of like the format of the Copper bike he built a few years back.....not a lot of chest thumping, and concentrating on the build process etc.

I would really have liked to see the whole show....too bad I donít recall seeing advertising about it and it being buried in a 6-8 AM Sunday time slot (I understand 8-10AM in other areas) and I see no plans to repeat it in the next couple of weeks. I kind of feel like the History Channel purposely buried it....too bad.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:27 PM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:

There is a fairly heated discussion of these three builders and their creations over on the Discovery Channel forum and a couple days ago I was alerted to the fact that even "The Scratch Build Hot Rod" had been brought into the discussion about the creation of hand fabricated bikes and cars. You can see the post if you scroll down to a guy named Mimoose in this thread.

So please don't anybody call me and tie up my phone line...I'm expecting a follow up phone call from Sandra Bullock at any moment now.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:25 PM

Last photo:

The way I see it they said it was a bike build. One showed up with a snow-mobile, one showed up with a two wheeled airplane sculpture (although beautiful) and one showed up with a bike
Old 12-11-2011, 06:40 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboy
There is a fairly heated discussion of these three builders and their creations over on the Discovery Channel forum and a couple days ago I was alerted to the fact that even "The Scratch Build Hot Rod" had been brought into the discussion about the creation of hand fabricated bikes and cars. You can see the post if you scroll down to a guy named Mimoose in this thread.

So please don't anybody call me and tie up my phone line...I'm expecting a follow up phone call from Sandra Bullock at any moment now.

Watch out cboy... They might come looking for you for a scratch build off... I think you would do good with one....

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.