americas pride lifts? - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2008, 12:47 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetrodderbn
Did you buy a lift from Backyard Buddy? I have 3 other friends who have their lifts, one is over 11 yrs old, I have NEVER doubted the strength or safety of my lift, and none of my friends have a single complaint! I have the extended height model, and all the examples I have ever seen have excellent quality! I don't see where you get your "so so " product opinion from! If you want to save a buck and buy offshore crap, just let us know when the auction will be after you get squished under your cheap lift!
You're parroting the scare tactics right out of the Backyard Buddy play book. As I said before, their sales reps can't tell me why Backyard Buddy is better than anyone else's except to say that its made in the USA. Another reason I'll never buy one is that they don't make two post lifts. A four post is good for exhaust work or storage but a two post is what you need when doing real chassis work.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Certifiable Streetrodder

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

SCARE TACTICS?! GET REAL!! I own this equipment, I purchased it long before you did your study of lifts, If you think that if I don't agree with your small-minded view,I'm wrong in my opinion,YOU CAN GO POUND DIRT!! I was under the impression this site was to offer opinions and knowledge to fellow rodders, not to bully our brethren into seeing things as the "moderator" feels is right! Again,BUY ANY LIFT YOU WANT! I'M SORRY I OFFERED MY OPINION!!
Old 01-27-2008, 04:46 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
SCARE TACTICS?! GET REAL!! I own this equipment, I purchased it long before you did your study of lifts, If you think that if I don't agree with your small-minded view,I'm wrong in my opinion,YOU CAN GO POUND DIRT!! I was under the impression this site was to offer opinions and knowledge to fellow rodders, not to bully our brethren into seeing things as the "moderator" feels is right! Again,BUY ANY LIFT YOU WANT! I'M SORRY I OFFERED MY OPINION!!
OK so you're so sold on Backyard Buddy, then YOU tell me why its SO MUCH BETTER than everyone else's. Their salesmen can't seem to do it. And..... while your at it, do it without telling me why everyone else's lifts are junk. Just saying its safer won't hack it. Tell me WHY.

Last edited by Centerline; 01-27-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:23 PM

Last photo:

I purchased an "All American Lifts" (Newton, KS) 4-post couple of years ago after a lot of research.

It's American made and steady as a ROCK even with my '63 TBird on it all the way to the top.

I could not be happier.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:04 AM

Mohawk Lift

Hey guys, there is a Mohawk 6,000# lift on ebay Item number: 160204510989 From Clarksburg,WV. Probably safer than a Chinese 10,000#
Old 02-11-2008, 07:40 PM

re

I too have waited some 5+ months to get a lift I could have had for 300 bucks less 4 1/2 months sooner. Full details will follow.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:33 PM

I addition to ebay, watch craigslist. I've seen some real deals on lifts there, although as you're all talking about, look for the brand you'll be happy with.
I decided to buy a scissor lift. I was close to buying a China made, but decided in the end to play it safe with a used Snap-on brand from ebay. Paid $900 for it, so saved about $200 from an $1100 China-made. Original cost of the Snap-on lift was over $3500.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:44 PM

America's Pride

I gotta weigh-in this one. I have had a "Backyard Buddy" 4 post lift for over 5 years, had excellent delivery,instructions,precautions,free maintenence update/notices. and best of all its "Made in the U.S.A!!" Even 'ol fatrs are willing to spend money when our lives depend on it!! If you can't afford quality that will be holding 4,500# over your head,DONT BUY ANYTHING!!!

I had a buddy lift, it didn't last that long and I lived in the state where they were made. I WAS NOT IMPRESSED. Also, I saw America's Pride on "Ripoff.com" not much good said about them either. I just got my November Hemmings Magazine, Backyard Buddy really does rip their competition as others said in this forum. They posted ads against the Automotive Lift Institute Recently too. Seems like a hack shop to me. I would love to see the industry as a whole compare the lifts in the market today so that we could get past the lies, people actually have died because under a lift.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:47 PM

2002Fats

When it comes this particular dealer "
Americas Pride.............Run !!!! do not walk. It took over 8 months to get my lift, a 9000k lift. I can't remember how many phone calls it took over the 8 months but allot. When the lift did arrive at a freight terminal and hauled home everything was there that was advertised. When all set up and pluged in only half of the 220 volt worked. Here we go again with the phone work. Allot of troubleshooting via phone....long story short they finally shipped me a new motor and of course I shipped mine back (on my nickle) and finally the lift started working as perscribed. Americas pride has basically no customer service once they get your cash.....Run.

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.