Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Engine (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/engine/)
-   -   Annular booster carb on dual plane intake (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/annular-booster-carb-dual-plane-intake-232282.html)

0trbo4myCHEVUICK 04-27-2013 03:40 PM

Annular booster carb on dual plane intake

I am having trouble understanding the intended application of annular boosters.

I grasp the general concept of better fuel atomization, better throttle response, low end torque perks and higher vacuum signals.
Why would Annular be better for single plane manifolds?
What are the cons of running Annular on a dual plane manifold?

0trbo4myCHEVUICK 04-27-2013 11:04 PM

Does anyone run annulars in a dual plane intake?

LATECH 04-28-2013 06:42 AM

From what I understand about annulars they dont perform well through all rpm ranges, like on a street motor. I am no authority on annulars, seems to me they are a good setup for circle track. A dual plane isnt ideal either.
For the street you want the dual plane and a drop booster style. Remember I am no expert but If I remember Correctly.....:thumbup:

ap72 04-28-2013 07:05 AM

There are a wide variety if annular boosters and some work much better on the street and some don't. If you want the best carb then you need to call a great carb boutique and have them build you one. It's expensive though and IMO foolish when Efi is cheaper BUT for the best results go to the best carb shop.

0trbo4myCHEVUICK 04-28-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ap72 (Post 1670777)
There are a wide variety if annular boosters and some work much better on the street and some don't. If you want the best carb then you need to call a great carb boutique and have them build you one. It's expensive though and IMO foolish when Efi is cheaper BUT for the best results go to the best carb shop.

I am having A company build me a 725cfm carb with vacuum secondaries and annular boosters. I am running a performer RPM dual plane intake.

Does the dual plane intake cause "rich" conditions with annulars?

The things I have read lead me to believe annulars would be well suited for a street engine. Although I would like to hear some application specific advice because I have found zero facts on annulars and dual planes, besides Holley listing "Annulars are designed for single plane manifolds" somewhere on their website.

0trbo4myCHEVUICK 04-28-2013 10:07 AM

I did not relize there are variations to Annular boosters, S'pose I need to check into what style im getting.

vinniekq2 04-28-2013 05:15 PM

boosters are like jets,there are a lot to choose from.Most people dont bother because of the hassle to change them.I used an annular 830 on my 454,it worked great on both the performer and victor jr oval port.

0trbo4myCHEVUICK 04-28-2013 07:02 PM

I reckon ill give it a shot. Im sure it will work out awsome.. :rolleyes:

0trbo4myCHEVUICK 04-29-2013 11:22 AM

Anybody else have experience running an annular booster carb in a truck with dual plane intake?