Another 32 ford measurement from a 5w? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2007, 10:39 PM

Last journal entry: 32 Ford cabriolet conversion/windshield
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Another 32 ford measurement from a 5w?

Sorry to keep asking for measurements

I think my lower cowl/door post is bent inwards from past channeling. I've also got a suspect buckle in the metal brace behind the dash panel on the driver side.

I measured diagonally in an X from the outer dash screws to the top of the rocker on both sides and that difference, as well as the location of the buckle, makes me think the bottom drivers side cowl post is pushed in.

What I really could use is; a measurement of the total width at the bottoms of the hinge pillar post. There is a factory 3/8" round headed rivet on the lower hinge post about 2-1/2" up from the top of the rocker panel. Does anyone have a virgin 32 5-window to help with the measurement across to each lower rivet? Mine is 38" exactly.

It may seem trivial, but my windshield posts are not at the same angle if viewed from the front of the car. I'm trying to redo the header above the w/s frame and make a new w/s frame. So, it seems like if the cowl bottom is pushed in, it would change the upper post angle. (my coupe lost it's roof, and now has no header to connect the posts).

I made a cardboard template of the w/s opening, and if I flip it over in the opening, it verifies that the posts are not angled the same. 1/4" off at the very top.

Tonight I used a diagonal spreader to try to test-push the cowl bottom out, but I decided I should try to get a spec before making a bigger problem. The car was chopped at one time which made me originally think the posts were welded wrong, but now I don't think so. Thanks.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.