Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Another 700r4 lockup question
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 03:42 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Another 700r4 lockup question

I have a 700r4 in my 4x4. As with most I'm trying to get my lockup wiring within spec for my needs.

After looking through posts on this site and others I think I have a decent understanding of how I should wire this up, but I have a few questions.

From what I read it appears that I just need to keep my hot wire from my brake switch to terminal A and I can jumper terminals B & D together to bypass the computer and get automatic lockup when in 4th gear.

My question is by doing this can I disconnect the vacuum switch at the firewall and is this even a good idea.

Also, the one part I don't understand is how to manual engage the torque converter in 2nd or 3rd.

What I do know is that the current stock setup has the lockup engaged in 2, 3, and 4th gears and I have pretty violent 2nd to 1st shift at about 5mph. Also there is a tendency for the converter to engage and disengage back and fourth when i'm driving a lower speeds in town which is really annoying.