Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Another addition to the collection
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 07:22 AM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-star
To the best of my knowledge it's legal if you follow the rules.... I did hear something about boyds deal but i am not sure what he was really doing???? The deal with going to Tenn is it's up to you to do the leg work to make sure the car wasn't hot.....

Was the deal with boyd something like he was selling the cars as orginal and in fact they were reproductions with a orginal title???? That would be illegal..

keith
Boyd got busted for Tax reasons. He was selling $100'000 - $xxx'xxx cars and telling the tax people that they were originals, so they would then pay taxes on a $20'000-$30'000 car. All of the cars were legally registered and titled, but the value was waaaaay underestimated.
As far as the Tenn. thing, If I am going to do all of the legwork to get a title, I would save my $200 and have the DMV just issue me a new title myself. Anyone can apply for a lost title, you just have to pay the fees and wait it out, until you get a new one in the mail. The Title Office actually does the work for you. Like I said...the car isn't worth it. There is a long story behind why there isn't a title to the car, I am not going to go into detail about it, but It has to do with family members doing some work for other family members and not getting paid.
Later,
WEIMER