Another Carburetor tuning thread. - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2013, 08:37 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
This was a race car and it has a race engine.It had a race clutch and has a race transmission.
By the time you change everything to street items you will be so far behind dollar wise,you could have had a faster street can with very good manners.your money?
remember the first thread,,,,
If you had sold the race transmission and race engine and dry sump....That would have paid for a brand new 5 speed and a mellow 600 plus horse power street able stroker small block or 700 plus horse power BB.

Its not too late to save some money
I tried, but not to many people like buying used race motors and everyone is pretty much broke nowadays. Im gonna do a cam swap and call it a day. I can live with somewhat aggressive, as long as it is more drivable than it is now. Im not looking for a grocery getter keep in mind, I can deal with a lumpy pissed off motor, but in current form it is way to mismatched of a cam. The cam that is in there is 4000-8000 rpms, Im gonna go with a 2000-6500 set up. I got the carb dialed in as good as I think I can get it at this point
, its just the fact that the motor want to wind up and thats what it was built for and I get that..I can deal with the Jerico cause I will track it once in a blue moon and rather have a good trans than run into issues.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2013, 08:47 PM

Then you should tear the engine down for a freshen,measure everything,especially CR.You can change the RPM with a slight change in lobe separation.Your cam is about the same as mine,,,
Old 10-13-2013, 09:39 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
Then you should tear the engine down for a freshen,measure everything,especially CR.You can change the RPM with a slight change in lobe separation.Your cam is about the same as mine,,,
Yeah Im gonna bring it back to the original builder and see what he recommends.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.