Hot Rod Forum banner

another chop job

134K views 373 replies 32 participants last post by  knight hawk 
#1 ·
I know there are alot of ''chop'' threads and questions, but... I'd like to know if anyone has chopped a "48 Dodge 4dr post " with suicide doors,. I did a pick up once , so I know the basics. Question is, with the center door posts, I'm assuming the top can't can't be shifted ???

#277 ·
I was advised when I started this project, not to use 'used' parts. Well I used 'used' parts, and lots of them. Sure, I 've had some problems from useing these 'used' parts, and eventually they have been replaced with new parts , BUT I went for a nother short ride the other day, got home., glanced at the temp gauge.... about 250 degrees !! The ' brand new temp/heat controller for the electric fan quit working !!!!!!! Luckily I had a manual back up power supply for the fan ! Sooooooooo, is it really nesseccary to build with all new parts ???? I don't think so !!!!!

#278 ·
I need a volunteer to post some pictures for me.... I can just barely send E-mail, I need someone to post them on this thread for me after I E-mail them to them .......I have some pics of how I installed my flush electric antenna, then of my headliner (another story )

#290 ·
I think the headliner was from EZ Interiors, I'll have to check.... it had the roof bow loop;s sewn in, but as long as it was a chopped car, they wouldn't make the window openings, cause of course, they wouldn't be. ''factory'' sizes. I had to ise the location of the loops that they had sewn in the cloth, to determin where the roof brackets were to go, as mine were kind of randomly place when I cut out the side rails of the roof. also each of the roof bows had to be shorten , or lowered, due to the chopped top....toughest part was just getting it tight enough.

#292 ·
deadbodyman said:
Awesome job night hawk.I need some of your energy. :thumbup: Just reading your thread has inspired me to go out and get some more work done on my 48 plymouth.

Hey Dead.

If that's the correct date on your photo, all's I got to say is its about time :D

Good thing you inspired him, Nighthawk.

#301 ·
I know pros that wouldn't even attempt that chop...very well thought out...most guys cant see that far ahead and would have got overwhelmed and gave up before the roof was finished being welded but you saw it through to the end, right down to the finished interior....my hats off to ya guy.... :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.