Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - another chop job
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 01:12 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

kind of a update here.... the car has beeen running fine, went to a car show last weekend, about 30 miles away, my wife took 'her' '69 Cutlass also. It's been an on going problem to get the cutlass speedometer adjusted, so comming back from the car show and she was following me. I 'floored' the '48 (gottta check the 'downshift' ) took it up to about 90 mph. My wife chickened out at 70, I told her afterwards, that with the 'new' motor she has to vary the speed till it gets more miles on it. She agreed, but said not over 65 ! At the car shows, it's been real fun ! Most people that see my '48 can't figure out what model or year it is. Especially when I write on the windsheild card, ''made from parts from 15 different cars''. It has a Nash full wheel cover on the left front , I guy came by the otherday, said ''You don't see many Nashes like this anymore '' Also at the car shows, Iv'e been displaying an assortment of pictures, on a cardbord poster, of the different things done to the car, including a few of the 'chopping' process. This has been a BIG attraction. Last week some young girls were studying the pictures, and a young boy, maybe 10 or so, went and his mother to come look at the pictures. Then you get a lot of car nuts looking and asking questions.................draws a lot of attention
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	car show 004.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	311.1 KB
ID:	58411