Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Another DCR question.
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: PICTURE TEST
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

dcr

Don't get all to excited over your dcr number. There ia alot about this subject that many people including most of the web sites and my self that is not understood.....

One of the problems is that those calculator give you a one cycle number,,,, this all changes when the same engine is at 5000 rpms......

The deal with a dynamic compression calculator is to help you avoid detonation.... Now we all know there are at the very least 6 or 8 major factors that can change the engines ability to resist detonation. So if you build a engine with a perfect dcr for the fuel you are going to run but have all the rest of the combo wrong it's not going to work anyway....

You don't have enough info for me to figure it out but, what do the calculators tell you the cranking compression is going to be..... That is a much better indicator,,, to me anyway....

I have run engines with the dynamic over what is recommended for pump gas with no issues, but the rest of the contributing factors were correct....

keith