Hot Rod Forum banner

Another how much is this Ford 9" worth?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  adtkart 
#1 ·
I found a needle in a haystack. Here's what I found:
Ford 9" 31 spline with disc brakes.
O by the way did I mention it was a posi?

I don't know what the gear ratio is but i know it's a nine inch (can't get a socket to the bottom bolts of the carrier.

Here is the wierd thing it has a wierd yoke. It doesn;t have the standard fitting for the u joint.

Any ideas would help.

Thanks
Tom

[ April 13, 2003: Message edited by: tomy2tone01 ]</p>

#2 ·
:D

How do you know it is a 31 spline and a posi ?

These bits of information are on the TAG...same as the gear ratio and you don't have that information.

With the weird yoke and rear disc brakes it most likely is a Big Lincoln. They are W I D E ......

:p

#4 ·
Later Fords started using a flange that the rear u-joint assy. bolted to if it has a trigger ring around it it's for ABS, if it's for leaves it is most likely the Versailles and if it's coils it is the wide big Lincoln. The Versailles is the same width as the early ('641/2-'66)'stang and works great in rods and many other cars (gives room for fatter meats in the '67-'70 stang. It is unlikely that it is 31 spline, and with out the tag how do you know it's a posi, if you can turn it to find that out then you can count the gear ratio as well.

#6 ·
I thought this was a fourum to ask questions and hopefully some knowledgeable individuals might want to give a hand.

By reading a couple of responses. A couple of you must think I am an idiot. I am not. I did my research and I was trying to confirm my findings.

Guys.... Thanks for the warm welcome to the Hot rodders fourum
Tom

[ April 14, 2003: Message edited by: tomy2tone01 ]</p>

#7 ·
Tom.... The information that you provided actually gave no indication of what information you were looking for. It was like calling your doctor and saying, "I'm sick, What's wrong with me?". The information from the other posts seemed to be very helpfull, or, I'm sure were meant to be. The people on this site try very hard to help, when they can. You will find some very knowledgeable people here. All you have to do is provide information and ask questions properly. If that is too much for you, then, GOOD BYE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.