Hot Rod Forum banner

Another important safety tip.

832 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  FASTCHEVY 
#1 ·
Don't know if this has been posted here in the past but worth repeating if it has. For U.S. board members only. I got this as an email and am sending it on.

#77 On Your Wireless Phone

A 19 yr. old saw an UNMARKED police car pull up behind her and put his lights on. Her parents always told them never to pull over for an unmarked car on the side of the road, but rather wait until they get to a gas station or call #77 on her cell phone to tell the police dispatcher that she would not pull over right away.

She proceeded to tell the dispatcher that there was an unmarked police car with a flashing red light on his rooftop behind her. The dispatcher checked to see if there where police cars where she was and there wasn't and he told her to keep driving, remain calm and that he had back up already on the way. Ten minutes later 4 cop cars surrounded her and the unmarked car behind her. One policeman went to her side and the others surrounded the car behind. They pulled th! e guy from the car and tackled him to the ground....the man was a convicted rapist and wanted for other crimes.

I never knew about the #77 Cell Phone Feature. Apparently police have to respect your right to keep going to a "safe" place. You obviously need to make some signals that you acknowledge them (i.e. put on your hazard lights) or call #77 like Lauren did. Too bad the cell phone companies don't give you this little bit of wonderful information. So now it's your turn to let your friends know about #77.

Send this to every person you know, it may save their life!

P.S. I just called #77 on my cell phone and the local dispatch officer answered. I told her I had just received this e-mail and wanted to verify the facts before I sent it on She said, "Yes. That is correct. #77 is available for all motorists."

See less See more
#4 ·
There has been a lot of that going on lately, used interceptors are
dirt cheap, and you can find light bars at fleamarkets.

On the other hand the cops have started using more unmarked
cars.
I can understand why. who's gonna drive bad with a interceptor
right next to you.

Rockwall just got a new Mustang interceptor, I think it's a GT. :evil:
They still have a few Camaros too.:thumbup:

#7 ·
Got pulled over.

This is off topic but I didn't want to make a new thread.

I got pulled over in Rockwall for having blue running lights on the side.
Anyway after talking myself out of a ticket (for the first time) I asked the cop about the new Mustang they use, he said they wouldn't let him drive it, and he didn't know if it was a GT or not,
but he did say the Camaro is faster than the stang .:mwink:

The cop was kinda surprised how nice I was. he prob looked at
the camo paint and the Jolly Roger sticker on the back and thought, oh man, not another white-trash jerk. :(

Hehe no ticket for me.:thumbup: still gotta replace those blue
lenses with red, oh well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.