Hot Rod Forum banner

Another newbie question

746 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Bigdutch70 
#1 ·
Does anyone manufacture a nice looking finned valve cover for second gen 235 chevy straight 6 (four bolts/ 2 per side on outer edge) or do you have to purchase a first gen cover (like Wayne or offenhauser) with 2 bolts top and retrofit them somehow with adapter? :confused:

Sorry for my ignorance, did try searching.

#4 ·
Thanks guys, Yes I already have Patrick's catalog and know how to use the internet. Maybe I should have posted this thread under "Engine"? I'm asking a technical question, how do you go about putting a 1st gen valve cover on a second gen 235 inline 6? The bolt pattern is different? Doesn't seem like anyone makes a cool looking valve cover for my 1958 235?

#5 ·
This is my favorite all around hot rod forum hands down. But if you need specialty information this stovebolt forum may be the place. The Stovebolt Forums | Forums powered by UBB.threads™

I have one of those motors too and I have seen the early two bolt put on it but don't remember how it was done.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.