Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - another opinion needed body tools
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 10:30 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

If I had to choose it would be the portopower all day.

Try the pry bar idea Carolinacustoms mentioned. Might get a good angle that works perfectly. I'd use a phonebook to use in front of the pry bar and wood to help you get a good angle, if possible. If you got the porto power you could also use the little wedge spreader to push it out as well.

That thing will never want to stay so you gotta work it out in reverse order. The big part of the dent usually last and the secondary damage first. Start by prying out while hammering your highs/brows in the back of the dent and work your way to the front and impact area. Looks like the very right side of the pic down low will need some special attention with maybe one of those bodyline dollies with a handle. Eventually it will stay where you want it cause if you just push it out it will never be right or it will never want to stay. Can't say for sure but from the looks of it I bet if you push it out it will go back in right away.

Last edited by tech69; 01-10-2013 at 10:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tech69 For This Useful Post:
carolinacustoms (01-10-2013)