Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Another sewing machine question..which one?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 09:26 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Another sewing machine question..which one?

I'm looking into biting the bullet and getting an industrial machine. My husband seems to think I can do the interior in the 1957 Fairlane we are restoring (this one is MINE!!! woohoo!!!). Anyway, I've searched high and low in my area and have found the following:
Tacsew T11 - new $1050 from store A
Juki DNU1541 - new $1549 from store A - would probably have to really sweet talk my husband to get him to agree to this one.
Singer 211 - refurbished $975 from store B
Consew 226 - refurbished $975 from store B - this one was made by Seiko (stamped inside machine)
Juki LU563 - refurbished $975 from store B
Consew 206RB - new $1300 from store B
Which one would you get? My gut feeling is that I do not like store A, but would buy from them if it were a better deal. Visited store B and they were very helpful and knowledgable. They had me leaning towards the refurbished Consew 226, but I really have no idea what one would be better. They apparently service a LOT of Tacsew's for the company that makes/distributes them (local to my area) and told me to stay away from them. All machines come with servo motor and stand. Any thoughts? Help a girl out before her husband changes his mind ! Thanks!