Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - another vortec question
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:09 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineczar View Post
There are also several options depending on what type cam you're running. What style cam do you have? Solid, hyd, roller. What spring are you trying to squeeze in and how much seat pressure do you need? Also what are the actual measured spring pressures at the two different heights 1.75 and 1.685. Often the springs measure out different than what is advertised.
you guys might hate me but im building this block around this cam and on the cheep so my options are slightly limited. but im a machinist so free machining!!
I have a lunati 60103 flat hyd cam. add durr of 268/276. at .050" of 227/233 with a lift of .489" and .504". i recently got all my parts and there sitting in my closet lol. i have not checked the actual spring rate. i went with the spring they recommended for the cam. spring number 73943 they stopped making it after i ordered them. that kinda worried me. it has a closed pressure of 108# and an open height at 1.250" and 339#. coil bind at 1.060". inside dimensions (with wire damper) .765" and outside of 1.266"