Hot Rod Forum banner

Anti Freeze Mess

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Weimer 
#1 ·
Whats teh best way to clean up anti freeze and does it dry. Because i spilt about a gallon on my garage floor and then i put saw dust on it and then there is still a residue once th esaw dust is removed. what should i do to clean that up. thanks in advance

#5 ·
hah when i pulled the engine outa of a car for the first time i spilt so much anti freeze, oil, tranny fluid. the whole garage floor was covered. i put kitty litter all over and when the anit freeze gets into the cat litter make shure u dont walk all over it like i did. it sticks to your shoes like mud:nono:

your probaly not that stupid like me though:thumbup:

#6 ·
I use oil dry and work it into the floor with my shoe

I have to keep that stuff up and away from my dogs. I pulled and engine out of my Dads 87 Chevy PU and installed another. Though I drained all the anit-freez out but when the old engine but when it was rolled over on its side on the floor anti-freez ran across the floor to the drain. Boy was I glad the dogs wern't helping me that day!!!

Tazz
trolloligest

Rat Rods Rule!

#7 ·
today at work one of they guys was showing me how to dump the used coolant outa the machine we use and into the container... well were talkn and all of a sudden the hose pops out and shots coolant all over the place.... was pretty damn funny.. made a nice mess... o well not like the hazmat team right next door to the shop saw it :thumbup:

#11 ·
Floor dry works the best, after you get most of it soaked up and you just have a oily mess on the floor, the best and cheapest thing that I have found to work for cleaning the floors with is powdered **** and Span. Spray the floor down with the hose sprinkle some S and S and scrub with a broom, then rinse off with the hose again. **** and Span also works awesome for hand cleaner...
Later,
WEIMER

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.