Any Bimmer guys? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2010, 07:47 PM
GROUND POUNDER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Any Bimmer guys?

Hello all, I was just wondering if anyone was a BMW enthusiast? Im not tryin to spark a conflict or anything, just a question I was wondering about...

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2010, 08:52 PM

Last photo:

We had a 320i that ran forever!
I was looking for a '91 318is but it seemed everyone that owned one screwed it up....My buddy always had M5's around and when you take a step back and look what was done the the M cars it was pretty cool..especially the hand built cars..I still would love to have a nice 1988 M5...
I cant limit myself to any one type of car..I like them all
Old 01-04-2010, 09:00 PM
GROUND POUNDER

Last photo:

yeah man. everyone that has a 318 tries to turn them into M3s. and a 1988 M5 would be kick ***!!!! Those things are absolutely beautiful... especially the dark blue... just exceptional. I also like the ITBs on some bimmers... so neat
Old 01-04-2010, 09:29 PM

Last photo:

My buddy would tear down and clean the throttle bodies and do a general rehab of the motor without rebuilding it..freshen them up. He would drive them then sell the car and move to the next...He was still finding early M5's and most of them were at good prices...One guy had the last year for the handbuilt cars M5 and this was a San Diego car..original everything and clean..anyway my buddy goes down there and drives the car..theres a clunk from the rear end so my buddy takes a look and finds the jack or something like that loose and banging around in the back..the owner told my friend it had a clunk and didnt know what it was and he didnt want to "fix" it..my buddy got the car for like 4k..took it home and did his freshening up and sold it for like 10k quickly...I wanted a daily driver and just wanted a clean original 318is small bumper (1991)..100k miles was fine..just wanted a honest car..I looked at a dozen of them and everyone was the same type of greasy owner and the cars were just as bad...I still keep my eyes open and I am sure one will be parked in a driveway or come up for sale that the owner just thinks its an old Bimmer.....I got so frustrated because everyone does think they are M3's and tries to "enhance" the car and usually end up messing it up....I tried to buy my parents 320i back..I thought I knew where it ended up but it went missing and I cant find it...I'll get a nice 318is someday...
Old 01-12-2010, 08:35 AM
GROUND POUNDER

Last photo:

yeah man, they're out there it just takes some digging. I get sick when i see a 318 made up to look like an M3. 100,000 miles is nothin on a bimmer. they'll run to 250,000 no problem.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:51 AM
Robbins Racing

Last photo:

BMW's are my specialty! Just happen to see this in the new posts section and caught my eye. I'm usually on here for the paint/body info since I don't own a Domestic. Anyways, I build BMW and Porsche race cars. As for the sour note on 318's, I'm the proud owner of one of the nicest/clean/tastefully modified 3.18IS you'll find. It's hard to tell she has over 170k miles. Just disproving the stereotyping But, everyone has seen the riced out M wannabes! I'll post a pic for proof, there's a few more in my gallery if interested.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:14 AM
GROUND POUNDER

Last photo:

what an incredible car! that is probably the most beautifully done 318 i have ever seen! truly outstanding!
Old 01-14-2010, 01:49 PM
GROUND POUNDER

Last photo:

well if there are any guys who love bimmers PM me please!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Robbins Racing

Last photo:

Thank you for the kind complements. It takes a lot of work to maintain the E36 models. Odds and ends stuff breaks just like anything mechanical, but she always starts for me and has never left me stranded! Also, I enjoy the 34mpg and low cost insurance. Sure, it's not an M3, but handles better than any car I've driven!
Old 01-18-2010, 05:32 PM

Last photo:

Bimmers are Nice!

I like BMWs! I've thought about getting an old 3-series convertible. You can find them for reasonable prices. They usually have some major problem though, and weren't taken care of.

Very nice car rcrobbins. Just shows you if you take care of a care well it can last forever. Most people don't though!
Old 01-18-2010, 08:32 PM
Deviant AMC Guy

Last journal entry: Hauling it home from Dixie.
Last photo:

I sold my 2001 325 CIC back in August. It had 100K miles and still ran like new. I miss it but I needed something that wouldnt cost 1300 buck to repair every time I hit a jack rabbit in rural Nevada. I bought an FJ Cruiser that eats the rabbits for lunch

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.