Hot Rod Forum banner

any clue on these Holley carb nums?

6K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  kwlskeeter 
#1 ·
OK, I've read the threads, been to their website, etc...

My carb #s don't start with "list"... this is what I have.

any clue?

I realize you probably can't read it, but it says:

80670-1

thanks for any ideas!!

See less See more
#3 ·
ericnova72 said:
All you had to do is go to holley's web site and look it up.

80670-1 is 670 cfm, vacuum secondary. I'm guessing it is part of the Avenger lineup
Well thanks! I DID go to their website, but all I found was the listing of part numbers that all start with "R"... I guess I didn't look hard enough.

I knew it was a "street avenger". We tried the truck avenger and hated it (even though it's an off-road race truck).

I suppose this is too many cfm's for my 4.9L 300 with the offy dual-plane intake, clifford headers, and malory unilite? Also an off-road race truck. I stole this carb off my Ford Bronco with a 351... it worked well there (pretty mild motor too).

#4 ·
Not really too big, being it is a vacuum secondary it will only allow as much air flow as the engine demands as long as you have the right vacuum secondary spring in the vacuum pod. Holley sells a spring assortment kit if you feel you need to change from what it is supplied with, or you want to experiment to find what works the best for your particular application.

5 digit numbers like yours were farther down the list, well after the highest R-prefix numbers.

#5 ·
ericnova72 said:
Not really too big, being it is a vacuum secondary it will only allow as much air flow as the engine demands as long as you have the right vacuum secondary spring in the vacuum pod. Holley sells a spring assortment kit if you feel you need to change from what it is supplied with, or you want to experiment to find what works the best for your particular application.

5 digit numbers like yours were farther down the list, well after the highest R-prefix numbers.
Thanks for the help, seriously! My dad was the carb/motor guy (and overall crew chief) but passed away a year ago. I don't know scrap about this stuff, so I'm figuring it out as I go. The spring assortment is a great idea, as I can't really drive this on the streets, and need to do some testing off-road ASAP.

I will look into this, and drive it and see what it does.

cheers!

kw

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.