Any hazmat shippers here? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2008, 02:12 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Any hazmat shippers here?

I'm trying to get some SPI epoxy...the problem is I live in Hawaii and we have no distributor over here. I've tried calling a bunch of freight companies but no luck yet. If anyone can help, please contact me.

Thanks, Scot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2008, 08:31 PM

Try Fed Ex Ground,I used to work for a Chemical Co. doing almost strictly haz Mat shipping and they took all our stuff with the proper documents of course.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:50 AM

Last photo:

I did actually already call Fedex. The problem is they said they need me to provide the proper paperwork. So, I need to find someone who is certified and can do that, and then have them call Fedex to come pick it up.

Hopefully, there's someone here who works for a company like that. It won't be cheap (that I know), the problem is, I can't even locate anyone. Maybe I'm not looking for the right type of company?
Old 09-21-2008, 08:33 AM

Fed Ex should have there own Haz Mat Dept. that can guide you the right way. Try another overnight shipper such as DHL they always had a Haz Mat guy at their depot-thought he knew every thing too, LOL. Also maybe give a call to the mfg of the product they probably have a guy there that can help.
The MSDS sheet of the product should have all the shipping info you need on it.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:36 AM

Last photo:

Thanks, I'll try calling again on Monday.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:49 PM

Last photo:

Spi is great stuff, but sounds like a bit of trouble to go through to get it to you in Hawaii. I don't know much about shipping, but Larry (lbell101, a valspar dealer) helped the bakers out to save on shipping, and it can possibly be classified something else saving money on a small order with a gallon can. Here is the thread http://spi.forumup.org/viewtopic.php...=30&mforum=spi You may want to look if you can ship with the omr-d classification, and if it makes anything any easier, less expensive. Still don't know if it well help getting it shiped to hawaii though.

Last edited by kenseth17; 09-21-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:34 PM

Last photo:

Not the help you need, but...Why do you need this SPI so bad? It sounds like shipping is going to be much much more than any other "high end" product you can pick up locally will cost you?
Old 09-22-2008, 12:27 AM

Last photo:

Thanks for all the input. I'll go check out that other thread. If I could find a shipper on the west coast, that would be ideal. I could order the paint from SPI and have it sent to the shipper's location. They could prepare the paperwork and call and have Fedex or UPS to pick it up and send me the bill. I know it will be expensive.

The reason I want to try the SPI epoxy primer is because a lot of people here seem to really like it. What appeals to me is that they say it sands easily. It also has a 7 day recoat window. There's nice tech info on the SPI website and that's really helpful for newbies like myself.

If there's another major name brand product that's similar to the SPI, I would be more than willing to trying it. I think we can get all the major brands here...PPG, Dupont, Sikkens, etc.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.