Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Any idea on what this thing is?
View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2012, 10:09 PM
MJS69's Avatar
MJS69 MJS69 is offline
Registered User
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Wyoming
Age: 47
Posts: 100
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Any idea on what this thing is?

Hi all...

Any ideas on what this thing might be? It was installed inline on the fuel line of the truck I'm helping my neighbor install a new engine in. It's a 1990 Chevy 1500 4x4, 5.7L, with TBI. I have absolutely no idea what this thing is. It isn't completely hollow, it's got a piece of metal inside of it that freely slides back and forth, but it isn't a check valve of any sort I don't think, I can easily see daylight through it. I'm guessing it was somebody's attempt to splice the line together, but the fact that it has that metal piece inside of it has me concerned....any guesses?

Reply With Quote