Hot Rod Forum banner

Any info appreciated...hoist

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Cape Cod Bob 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a Line-O-Tronics 2 post vehicle hoist (model 315). I would like to know if there should be a ball and spring in the relief valve, as mine does not, and if so, could someone tell me what size and specs???

Thanks...PS: New to the site, but really liking it!!

#2 ·
Don't know the answer to your question but it brings up a question of my own - why did you tear into your hoist's hydraulic system in the first place? I installed one of those a couple years ago and just bolted it together and ran it. Couldn't care less what my relief valve looks like. Second obvious question - what does the manufacturer say? Why isn't the hoist under warranty?

#5 ·
Do u have a gauge on the pump, and if so what is the running /working pressure. Relief pressure or bypass pressure should not be more then 125% of the running pressure.
There has to be something that the oil needs to overcome , like an adjustable spring and valve that enables the oil to be bypassed.
It may just be an electrical pressure switch to kill the pump only and still allow down operation.
Or it may have nothing and just relie on the operator to stop running when it gets to the top. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.