Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - any info on installing northstar eng, into anything otherthan caddys.please help
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 03:33 PM
Footstomper

Last journal entry: 40 ford/cadillac coupe
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

cadillac motors rule!

I have several friends who have installed the northstar, it is a complex swap unless you use all the components from the donor car. I have a question about cadillac engine swap too. Not to break the thread, I am new on this website and do not know my manners yet.
I am upset with my chevy 305, it is in my 40 ford coupe. I considered the northstar, but I have found a 1975 cadillac 500. I can get plenty more smooth power than the souped up jerking little small block. I wonder if anyone can tell me what I am getting into this kind of swap? I have a early truck hydraulic slave cylinder with a 3 speed overdrive and a 9" with 3.7. I can get a flywheel and adapter from Cad 500. Other friends say it will not hold together, that I need to use the turbo 400. Also, I am wondering if I should replace my I beam axle for the bolt on Chassis Eng. MII? About the northstar, if you need some specific information, I will gladly contact people who have done it here locally.