Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - ANY one ever build one of the long rod engines.....
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 06:03 PM
http://www.warsprints.com

Last journal entry: W.A.R. (Wingless Auto Racing) Sprint Car Racing
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sally6
Many of the magazines have article on?
I have read about many combinations but NEVER heard from anyone who actually built one!!
I am interested in the one that uses a 400SBC engine block with a 3.25" stroke(327 crankshaft) and uses the 6.123" FORD 300six cylinder rods. (Heck uva combo ,huh?!) Its SUPPOSE to produce huge torque figures on lo- octane gas. Make over 400 HP.
My pal and I are interested in building such engine for a circle-track(dirt) racer. The cu. in. limit is 350 cubes. THIS would give us the size but with a HUGE piston and short stroke.
Got lotsa questions for ANYONE who has first hand knowledge of this engine build.
Thanx
6sally6
You are destroking a 400. There is some controversy over whether stroking a motor is really worth the cost so I would imagine the same would hold true for destroking one as well. I wish I could give you some useful info. I would think that destroking the 400 would be a screamin motor (high rpm's) but as far as more torque and over 400 hp, that's questionable. JMHO