Any PDR Techs out there? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2004, 07:19 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Any PDR Techs out there?

Im sorta interested in getting some training in this field, any pdr tech out there that can gimme some guidance?

Oh what the heck, also if you cld gimme an idea on what and how many tools you actually use in a given repair. Ive been looking at some of those kits and aside from being VERY pricey Im just curious if many of them go unused.

TIA!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2004, 11:37 AM

Last journal entry: Harley/Fire
Last photo:

I'm thinking of getting a kit for my shop as it is a big money-maker and takes little time- that is AFTER you learn the 'tricks'- of which I know few... I talked to a guy who did it for a while here in town. The big secret is the light which allows you to see the almost microscopic irregularities in the metal. The guy here used just the basic set- he had a bunch of others but said disassembling was easier than trying to reach way inside a panel. He used mainly four to six of the basics. The whole idea seems to be based on leverage and pressure instead of 'bumping' as we are used to. There are some cheap kits on eBay occaisionally but they seem to be made of something other than what the 'big boys' use- which is either spring steel or some alloy... Good Luck- I think I may get the simple kit this summer with basic tools, light, plugs for access holes and video.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:22 PM

Hey Dragon,

FWIW- Heres a site that seems to have the best prices ive come across online >nodents $250 for a 30pc set which is guaranteed for life doesnt seem too bad to me, considering a 10pc set costs $400 at Eastwood. If you dont mind keep me posted on what you decide to do.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:02 PM

Last photo:

I have never done this but a year ago spent a day with an instructor for one of these companies. There fee was around 8-9,000 dollars and included everything and 5 days of training.
He told me that if he has a class of 10 non body men only one will be able to do it for a living when done with the class.
If he had a class of 10 body men / painters all 10 could do it.
Not as easy as it sounds, you massage the dent out not pop it and you must know how to read the dent and a lot of interior dissemble for roofs.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:20 PM

HOLY MOLY! $8-9k that dude is on crack!

I guess that really depends on whats included in the package I suppose. Ive easily seen some 'pro kits' list for $2500 all by itself, then if you integrate chip repairs into the training that kit can be in the upward area of $5000 for tools and material.

The pdr training Ive been looking into costs anywhere from $1500-2500 for either 1-2 weeks. I completely agree that not every person will walk out there capable, aside from being a mental commitment you gotta have some skills with ur hands, if ur not mechanically inclined ur gonna waste ur $$$.

Hmmm maybe I shld give that DingKing tool a try before getting any deeper???

I need to do somethng partime for some extra cash on the side soooo Im hoping this will be it.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportbikeluvr
Im sorta interested in getting some training in this field, any pdr tech out there that can gimme some guidance?

Oh what the heck, also if you cld gimme an idea on what and how many tools you actually use in a given repair. Ive been looking at some of those kits and aside from being VERY pricey Im just curious if many of them go unused.

TIA!
Check this site .

It will tell you allot of what you will need to know to get you started.

There is also a software program called PDR Online that will teach you the basics of PDR with real time interaction simulation software. And for $295 for a years registration, it bridges the massive gap between where you are now and 8-9000 dollars.

How this helps
Shane

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.