Hot Rod Forum banner

Any Street Beast 34 Coupe builders?

7K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  78 monte 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
I'm building a Street Beasts 34 Ford Coupe, and was wondering if anyone else has done the same and has any advice? I have the Ford 8.8inch rear all detailed out, the 351W/T-5(365 HP) ready to go..Mustang II front end all set...tires/wheels ready...just waiting on delivery of the frame. I'm curious as to brakes( booster and mastercylinder) and steering column to use? Any thoughts would be appreciated. So far, excellent service and great support. E-mail direct at JstCapt@aol.com if you want to chat about your HotRod. Thanks
Dave

#3 ·
You have my condolences. Do a search in the archives and you'll find plenty of discussions about StreetBeasts. I sincerely hope you are able to finish the car, not everyone is that lucky.

Centerline

#6 ·
StreatBeast really has a good idea going with the total kit concept. Its just too bad they execute it so poorly that it only barely resembles what its supposed to be. I guess they'd rather go on selling very poor fidelity replicas rather than re-tool and build a high fidelity kit.

I understand from a little research that the company has improved their customer service so that at least most of their customers are getting all the parts needed to finish the kit but, they're still using high pressure sales tactics and mis-representing the skill needed to build the kit. The poor novices that fall into their trap usually wind up in over their heads with predictable results.

Centerline

#7 ·
When I was shopping for a 34 project, I called Street Beast and asked for a catalog. They bugged me weekly for six months. One time when they called (after i bought my Gibbon 34) I told them I had already bought from Gibbon, and they hung up on me. Never heard another word from them.

Vince

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.