Hot Rod Forum banner

any videos showing seat cover installs?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Coodeville 
#1 ·
I am trying to find videos on youtube that show seat covers being installed and I am just not getting anything that hits the mark on the searches. I am going to be putting them on a 66 dodge Coronet with bucket seats. Does anybody know of any videos that are posted?

#2 ·
Hi...
I don´t know if this is exactly what you´re looking for, but I got some interesting hits when I typed in and searched for this on Youtube: "Car Upholstery Installation", "Seat foam" and I also found this one that I think might be of interest to you: "Installation - Rear Seat Upholstery".

I haven´t found any complete "how-to" videos of course, but if you look through a couple of the hits you get from those mentioned above, I think you will be able to get started. Good luck.

#3 · (Edited)
All of the older seat covers go on pretty much the same way. The first thing to do is turn the seat cover inside out. There will be listings that hold wires that are hog ringed on first, and once you have done that you fold the seat cover over the front and sides of the seat frame and hog ring the seat cover to the frame. Check out this thread, it shows how to do a '60s Mustang seat which is a lot harder than your Coronet seat. CLICK HERE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.