Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anybody ever heard of Spray Max?
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 03:21 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

oops

oh wow I just checked the link again that is activated clearcoat not primer i saw the 2k and assumed it was primer. sorry about that. Oh and the primers in the rattle cans are 1k high build urethane primers the only diff i know about is that the 2k you spray requires the activator and the 1k in the rattle can is the same urethane primer but it uses moister in the air to activate and cure it but it is supposed to have close to the same shrinkage protection as the 2k stuff you blow through the gun that is what our paint suppliers have told me.

I checked the u-pol website and this is the clear they offer in spray cans

http://www.u-pol.com/countries/us/navigate.htm
click on Products on the menu to the left then choose aerosols at top right

it is supposed to be able to be wet sanded and buffed after 2 hours but I would give it at least 4-5 just to be safe. The UV protection is supposed to be great with it as well. The guys at the paint shop say it is some really good stuff as far as aerosols go. The drawback is that US Auto color said it was $19 a can so I dont know what you are planning on painting with it but you may be better off to get stuff you mix and spray through a gun. I use some cheaper spray clear on softball helmets that i airbrush graphics on to keep the price of the work down. X-I-M 900 It does ok for that but no way I would ever use it on a car or bike.