Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anybody got the 110V 135A eastwood mig?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 09:29 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

While I see your argument with the visual aspects of these welders looking similar, I do have some points to make. The best way I can explain this is by using an analogy that most “car guys” would understand. In the motor head world, just by stating you have a “small block Chevy” under the hood of your car can mean many different things. While all of them may look very similar, it is the internal components that make the “power”.

You can buy crate engines from different manufacturers, and they will all look like the iconic, tried and true, small block Chevy engine on the outside (in the “Mig world” that is the Lincoln Mig Pak 10 and 15). But internally ours will have a performance cam , major port work, balanced internals, etc. It will surely put out much more power and reliability than the other crate engine manufactured by a company with the same "look", but with “stock” internals.

So in the “Mig welding world”, many companies DO start out with a familiar “icon” (aka the small block) in appearance and keep the “tried and true” look that the community has grown to recognize.

But that is basically where the similarities end. Where the differences lie, is internally. Our units are manufactured with “ bigger cams” (a super high charge/discharge capacitor)-assuring consistent arc starting and spot-weld capabilities , “ported heads” (industrial grade press- fit semiconductor vs. many welders which have soldered-on semi conductors). All of this allows for the ultimate in weld bead quality and reliability, along with consistent output, and blue printed drive motor assembly-producing ultra smooth wire flow. We wanted to make sure our welders were equivalent to the “Icon” ( Lincoln Mig Pak) internally and could perform just as well, all while keeping the price affordable. Backed by our 3 year warranty, and Eastwood’s “Satisfaction Guarantee” (try it for 30 days hassle free!) vs. mystery brands that may not last the test of time or be able to discuss in detail the technical aspects of their welders. So in closing we aren’t trying to reinvent the “small block”, simply offer an affordable, equivalent option for a guy that can’t justify the price of the “icon”.

Again, I can assure we have worked directly with the factory to have these made to OUR specifications, not something that we simply rebadged as our own.

Thanks again for the responses, feedback, regardless of it's nature, helps us constantly be improving our product line.

-Matt/EW