Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anybody got the 110V 135A eastwood mig?
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 01:12 AM
Long Live the Muscle Car

Last journal entry: cool it 2
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I just got my Eastwood 135 mig welder last week. It has the cheaper ground clamp as shown on the other brand blue welder pic on page 1 of this thread. However, it works and so far the welder works nice. My only disappointment is ordering it a week before I received my latest Car Craft and Hot Rod magazines where they are currently advertising it for 20% off.

I have no doubt that Eastwood made a deal with that manufacturer to produce their line of welders. There's nothing wrong with this. Many consumer products are made this way. There are factories all over China that submit quotations to get the job. If you toured these factories, you'd see one brand of product produced along side other brands, regardless if they're using the same parts or not.

Many consumer companies/ brands don't own their own factories to produce their product. Financially, it's cheaper to vend the production to a factory that's already set up with the ability to make the tooling, has the machines to produce the parts, the work force to assemble it and the logistics to pack it and get it to the harbor for export.

I bought it for the price and warranty, and was impressed with the video online showing the weld quality versus lincoln.