Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anybody got the 110V 135A eastwood mig?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 09:59 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 327NUT
roger1...timely post, I called Eastwood today and asked the same thing as others, "Who makes this rig". The guy wouldn't give a name but said that its made by a big name company. I said it looks like a Lincoln, again he said ...its made by a big name company. So my question to you, can you weld 1/4" plate with your 135...and whats the listed duty cycle. You have a nice outfit with the argon gas and cart. Looks like I have some research to do.
I bought my Lincoln in 2005 after doing a lot of research. I paid $530 for it and that was the best price I could find at the time.
I bought the cart and autodark helmet from HF. Had to modify the cart a little to fit the welder and the 80cf tank.

My primary need for this welder was to weld sheetmetal. And this welder does that absolutely great. In my research I found statements that this welder was better for sheetmetal than the larger 220 Volt units were.

The thickest I've need to weld with it so far has been 3/16" thick brackets (side motor mounts, transmission crossmember and rear shock mount bar) to the frame of my '55 Chevy Bel Air. I think the frame is probably 14 gauge or so. This welder performed perfectly doing this too.

IMO, if your primary welding will be welding 1/4" to 1/4", then you should consider a larger welder. But, if 1/4" is only occasional and your primary welding is smaller, then this is a great size to get.

Specs:
"Rated at 90 amps, 18 volts, at 20% duty cycle on a ten minute basis. It is capable of higher duty cycles at lower output currents."

I can tell you I have NEVER had this welder cycle off on me.

Edit:
Here's a link to the product sheet on my welder:
Lincoln SP 135 Plus

Last edited by roger1; 10-20-2010 at 10:09 AM.