Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - anybody have any pics of a 1930 chevy truck interior?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 01:24 AM
Riley

Last journal entry: 1927 international
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

naw the wood is mostly eat up...rotted out,you know. I had some time today so I got out there and started fartin around with it and I did some torchin and some grindin and then I decided to just build a metal structure inside to replace the wood. I looked at it a real long time and I see how I can do it. The metalwork will be covered up with carpeted panels anyway...so it ain't like anybody is going to see it anyway. I am planning to use 1 inch square tubing and 1 inch wide 1/4th in. flat stock. It will look allright. Planning to do the same with the flooring too.
I had to torch out some of those rusted in screws that were in the wood. Made some of that hard wood catch fire. Stunk like hell! Had to take a dish soap bottle with water in it to squirt out the smoldering. Got everything ready to start cutting the meatl and placing it in next week when I get back in town. I'm fixin to have to go back out on the road again in a couple of days.Dam...just when all the fun was startin too!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1930 20.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	41534   Click image for larger version

Name:	1930 9.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	41535