anybody have any pics of a 1930 chevy truck interior? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2009, 09:26 AM
Riley

Last journal entry: 1927 international
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

anybody have any pics of a 1930 chevy truck interior?

The project I have has rotted wood that either needs replacing or removed and then put metal in it's place. I'd like to go with metal. Anybody have any ideas or input?? Any help would be appreciated,thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1930 18.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	41441   Click image for larger version

Name:	1930 15.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	41444   Click image for larger version

Name:	1930 21.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	41445  

Advertisement

Last edited by Riley; 10-23-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2009, 03:09 PM
Riley

Last photo:

1930 chevy truck insides..

yup...sure would like some help here.I don't have a plan and I am trying to get some advice. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1930 40.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	41472  
Old 10-25-2009, 05:07 AM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

A quick search will likely turn up some results.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:26 AM
Riley

Last photo:

what? you don't think I tried that? It ain't easy to find pictures and related info on that subject.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:34 AM
Riley

Last photo:

re: 1930 inside wood paterns.

look,guys,,I'm a long haul trucker. I'm only in town for a few days at a time. I'd like to find something about woodwork (or fabbed metal work) inside of a 1930 (or so) chevy truck before I leave out again. I seem to be having bad luck finding anything (10-24-09).
Old 10-26-2009, 01:27 AM
Got Ouzo for touzo

Last photo:

When I was doing a '34 Chevy Sedan, I found there are few companies out there that make reproduction interior wood kits. Whether or not you can find somebody that has a kit for your truck I don't know.

But I found more people than not are using steel to frame in these bodies. Is all the wood there? If it is you could try building them yourself, or it would atleast give you an idea where to build your framing.

If I can dig up some info on the wood kit companies I will, but I sold the car a few years ago.

bonuts
Old 10-26-2009, 02:24 AM
Riley

Last photo:

naw the wood is mostly eat up...rotted out,you know. I had some time today so I got out there and started fartin around with it and I did some torchin and some grindin and then I decided to just build a metal structure inside to replace the wood. I looked at it a real long time and I see how I can do it. The metalwork will be covered up with carpeted panels anyway...so it ain't like anybody is going to see it anyway. I am planning to use 1 inch square tubing and 1 inch wide 1/4th in. flat stock. It will look allright. Planning to do the same with the flooring too.
I had to torch out some of those rusted in screws that were in the wood. Made some of that hard wood catch fire. Stunk like hell! Had to take a dish soap bottle with water in it to squirt out the smoldering. Got everything ready to start cutting the meatl and placing it in next week when I get back in town. I'm fixin to have to go back out on the road again in a couple of days.Dam...just when all the fun was startin too!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1930 20.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	41534   Click image for larger version

Name:	1930 9.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	41535  
Old 10-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

If it were I, I would get creative on my own as the trucks of those days really didn`t have a interior. They just had the very basics thrown in.
I imagine also riding in these with a V8 transplant makes the interior even worse noise wise than it was new, so adding some damping material would likely be of help. The older cabs like that had so little damping in them you can talk in them and hear a small echo. Really blew my mind the first time I noticed it. Your truck, you decide. But in case you can`t find what your looking for, get creative. Diamond tuck seat, door panels, would look old school but never goes out of style.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Riley

Last photo:

I have a dolls head for a radiator cap and the head is mohawked. The eyes bob up and down. As for creativity I allready took out most of the rotted wood (today 10-28-09) ONE piece at a time and replaced it with square tubing (one pice at a time). And for seats I have some that came out of a toyota. May have to make some higher floor mounts for them though, they're kinda short. And I used to build handicapped vans for the state years ago...so I allready know how to build panels and cover them with material. I'm planning to do that for this truck. Add sound proofing insulation to the floor and inside ceiling.
Building the inside of this truck wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. But it IS time consuming.
I find that I kinda like this stuff. So below is my next project. It is a 1928 international 1 ton truck. The interior was wood, it rotted, but the cab and the doors were there. They are in the back of my truck in the other picture. I'm thinking about Z-ing the frame and lowering it and making the back into a panel van look. I am gettin pretty good with that square tubing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1930 15.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	41605   Click image for larger version

Name:	international 1928 1.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	41606   Click image for larger version

Name:	international 1928 2.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	41607  

Last edited by Riley; 10-28-2009 at 08:19 PM.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.