Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anybody have any thoughts, burning hydrogen
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 10:52 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

hydrogen fuel burning

I am starting to wonder if your not getting the temp. higher and the gas is evaporating before it gets into the chambers? Think about this for a minute...Lets just say, that with what your doing that it is becoming steam, before it enters the chamber...Your breaking down water, H2o...Since steam is hotter, could the possibility exist that the cylinder is becoming more dense? Now Smokey Yunick had it together when he did his 2 cylinder motor and put it into a Fiero...If you gas is vaporizing before it gets into the cylinder and not becoming droplets again, than you are doing basically the same as what Smokey did....Now, if this could be proved, or disproved, (gas totally vaporizing before it gets into the cylinder) then just maybe your on the right track...I am curious if the water splitting into steam, or Hydrogen, or somehow the gas is vaporizing before the charge gets into the cylinders...
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/smok...ine-216191.htm
I posted several articles here, if anyone wish's to browse...
Good luck with your system....