Anybody have any thoughts, burning hydrogen - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: My Last Hot Rod
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 264
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 15
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
power used

for hydrogen on my car is 4 amps at 12 volts which equals 48 watts whooopeydoo, a head light takes 4 times as much. and 1/4 tea spoon of baking soda with 16 oz of distilled water. I can get 220 more miles per tank full on a trip with this unit.if I got 20 mpg which i don't that equates to 11 gallons of gas at $3.83 a gallon right now. That's $42.13 saved every tank full. How can any one in their right mind argue with this. I am dumbfounded by the reasoning by some about this wonderful find. Its like every fill up Exxon gives me 11 free gallons of gas. only bad part is I have to bring the jug in on cold nights so it don't freeze. I can live with that easily. look on Ebay and see how many are selling these and there has to be many more buying them i am one. I can make my own but they are cheap enough to buy on line. Technology will leave you guys behind soon if you don,t start to think outside the box
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2012, 01:42 AM
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 109
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsfyj
How can any one in their right mind argue with this.
That's the one accurate statement you've made so far. Anyone with even half a functional brain should have better sense than to argue with total abject ignorance.

Quote:
I am dumbfounded by the reasoning by some about this wonderful find.
Dumbfounded is a very short journey for some folks.

Quote:
look on Ebay and see how many are selling these and there has to be many more buying them i am one.
True. An abundance of idiots willing to buy snake oil from hucksters is a phenomenon as old as the United States itself. The only thing that changes over time is the miraculous wonders attributable to the snake oil of the day, and whether it violates the laws of chemistry, physics, thermodynamics, or all the above.

Think I'll take a break now and try to expand my narrow mind so I can embrace some of this amazing technology. Perhaps sniffing the fumes of a couple dozen burning plastic milk jugs will free up enough brain cells to make that happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: My Last Hot Rod
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 264
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 15
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Why don't

you try taking some of your physics and empty your bowels as you are full of BS. This works and this throws all your preconceived notions on what you believe to be true in the rubbish. This is why America cant move forward on many things blind folks like you and other greedy ones who want to protect the oil industry. All the working units all over America puts all you fault finders in a bad position, similar to the finger pointers at the Wright Brothers Had any of you took the time to go in the field and see these working units, you would then see the ignorance that has had grasps on your thinking. I pay less you pay more because of ignorance and stubborness heheheeheh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2012, 09:24 AM
willys36@aol.com's Avatar
Hotrodders.com Moderator
 
Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 8,372
Wiki Edits: 21

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
First let me first appologize for being a greedy crook oil man for the past 40 years producing all that evil gasolne to power your GTOs and Vettes. I'll think about repenting but it will be hard in view of the obscene profits I have made all these years.

Let's look at your machine with a little engineering logic. I realize that makes the analysis bogus but humor me, I was trained to think logically. You claim that your machine improves the energy output of a given volume of gasoline 50%. If that is the case (follow the logical progression here), would not adding a second machine to your car double the energy output of any fuel used in the engine and allow elimination of all the gasoline? Now you could run your 150hp engine on 100% on-board generated hydrogen thru a couple of ~6hp alternators. Now I have to resort to that ignorant, unenlightened engineering education I got but again, humor me, I got my learnin' from college, not You-Tube videos. Since an internal combustion, 4-cycle engine (Otto cycle) is capable of 20% to 25% thermal efficiency, the alternators are ~95% efficient, and the electrolysis process is only ~80% efficient unless you are using platinum electrodes, your machine is 8 to 10 times more efficient than previously theoretically possible!

Stated another way, the hydrogen you generate contains many times more energy than the gasoline (or hydrogen) burned to generate it. It follows that the hydrogen you generate will have more energy than any fuel used to generate it. Thus you could power ~15 or so alternators from your engine generating hydrogen. Only 2 of the alternators are need to run your engine so the excess hydrogen from that engine could power more engines generating more excess hydrogen. That could go on infinitely and the whole world could be powered from free hydrogen.

Again, the lure of perpetual motion machines (be they hydrogen generators, 100mpg carburetors, complicated rotating weight and lever machines, rope and pulley contraptions, there have been infinite perpetual motion machines proposed over the centuries) is strong and folks have always and will always fall for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: My Last Hot Rod
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 264
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 15
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
You are a Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by willys36@aol.com
First let me first appologize for being a greedy crook oil man for the past 40 years producing all that evil gasolne to power your GTOs and Vettes. I'll think about repenting but it will be hard in view of the obscene profits I have made all these years.

Let's look at your machine with a little engineering logic. I realize that makes the analysis bogus but humor me, I was trained to think logically. You claim that your machine improves the energy output of a given volume of gasoline 50%. If that is the case (follow the logical progression here), would not adding a second machine to your car double the energy output of any fuel used in the engine and allow elimination of all the gasoline? Now you could run your 150hp engine on 100% on-board generated hydrogen thru a couple of ~6hp alternators. Now I have to resort to that ignorant, unenlightened engineering education I got but again, humor me, I got my learnin' from college, not You-Tube videos. Since an internal combustion, 4-cycle engine (Otto cycle) is capable of 20% to 25% thermal efficiency, the alternators are ~95% efficient, and the electrolysis process is only ~80% efficient unless you are using platinum electrodes, your machine is 8 to 10 times more efficient than previously theoretically possible!

Stated another way, the hydrogen you generate contains many times more energy than the gasoline (or hydrogen) burned to generate it. It follows that the hydrogen you generate will have more energy than any fuel used to generate it. Thus you could power ~15 or so alternators from your engine generating hydrogen. Only 2 of the alternators are need to run your engine so the excess hydrogen from that engine could power more engines generating more excess hydrogen. That could go on infinitely and the whole world could be powered from free hydrogen.

Again, the lure of perpetual motion machines (be they hydrogen generators, 100mpg carburetors, complicated rotating weight and lever machines, rope and pulley contraptions, there have been infinite perpetual motion machines proposed over the centuries) is strong and folks have always and will always fall for them.
>> dont you think you should check this out before you let your mouth overload your brain. As a moderator you should be seeking the facts not what you think about your faulty facts and you have no evidence what so ever. I rest my case on all of you who want to stay in the cave man days.. If I ever took this to court my proof would be accepted as fact because it is all true and can not be faulted by anyone. This hydrogen generators sold all over the ebay and else where has never been proven to be a farce by anyone. Only arm chair no it alls. This has been concluded for me no proof from the arm chairs. but I have proof.. bye bye all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: My Last Hot Rod
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 264
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 15
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
your math

is faulty I have a working unit,, hehe thats better than your mud slinging. I have college also but I never said I was a know it all, except I know what I have and it does the job , heheh for 3.5 years.Proof is far better than accusations. There are to many chicken littles in this Country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #37 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: My Last Hot Rod
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 264
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 15
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
My setup

Well guys I have had quite a tongue lashing from some in this forum. About hydrogen generators for cars to save gas. I am 68 years old and can usually tell when I'm being ripped off or tricked. That comes from experience of being around this long. I have some photos of my hydrogen generator that is in my Ford Windstar. It has been in the Van for 3.5 years and I keep it going by refills and new coils every 6 months or when needed. Does anyone in here think I would have kept this in my car for this long if it did not do what I claim it does? I originally posted this idea to help others who may want to save some gas during this gas war with outrageous prices. But evidentially even some Moderators in here have bashed this all to hell. This is not a gimmick I have no reason to lie or trick anyone just help them out like I am enjoying when I use this unit. As I mentioned earlier in the forum I usually get a 10 mpg increase when I go on a trip and drive at 60 mph. Around town 4 to 5 mpg increase because of the speeds in my country roads. But 4mpg increase is major to me. I have a 22 gal tank and that amounts to 88 more miles I can travel on my back roads. 88 more miles is around 4 extra gallons of gas I did not have to pay for.4X $3.83 around 14 bucks worth. I will post some photos of my set up in my Ford Windstar van. This is a simple canning jar for strength, distilled water because it has no pollutants in it. !/4 tea spoon of baking soda. 12 volts running to a stainless steel wire coil and some rubber tubing. An Aquarium blow off valve set at about a lb. The intake sucks up only what is generated and burns it in the combustion chamber. How and exactly what it burns i don't know, if its Oxygen, hydrogen, but I don't care it increases my gas mileage. It costs me 35 dollars to get set up 3.5 yrs ago. All this stuff is available online run a search for HHo or brown gas. Brown gas is the term for the baking soda as it turns brown when it is being charged with 12 volts and is generating. That's it in a nut shell no big scary thing. Easy as pie to do. Some cars have problems accepting the Hydrogen because of the computer on board. My van took the gas well with no changes. I had a 1995 Escort that would not take it. Here's some photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM5116.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	816.4 KB
ID:	63602   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM5117.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	871.4 KB
ID:	63603   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM5118.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	865.1 KB
ID:	63604   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM5119.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	931.9 KB
ID:	63605   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM5119.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	931.9 KB
ID:	63606  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #38 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: My Last Hot Rod
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 264
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 15
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hydrogen on demand

This unit does not store hydrogen it uses all it makes as long as 12 volts is applied to the coil. The blow off valve lets extra escape to the atmosphere so it cant build up. The vacuum source i used was from my PCV valve and I injected the hydrogen just before the butterfly valve for the intake the gas mixes with the incoming air and ignites along with the cars gas. This is not for commercial use as I have never stated this or implied this. This is for you the home owner and car driver who does not want to make investments to Bomb Belt schools everytime you buy gas from the pump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #39 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: My Last Hot Rod
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 264
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 15
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
My van photos

some photos did not post
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM5120.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	63612   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM5121.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	1,014.4 KB
ID:	63613  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #40 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2012, 05:19 PM
LATECH's Avatar
Hotrodders.com Moderator
 

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania
Posts: 5,044
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 190
Thanked 237 Times in 220 Posts
I read this article. It confirmed my thoughts that the H2 generator mentioned here is not only innefective but dangerous.
Please read this. The guy knows what he is talking about.
http://answers.yahoo.com./question/i...4131643AAsFG8U

I apologize if this curbs your enthusiasm, but it is a good reality check as it shows the math and hard fact involved with running hydrogen.
Those E Bay sellers are hosing people.
The E Bay generators make around 3 liters of uncompressed gas per minute(under Ideal conditions). Your van needs 700-825 liters per minute to run at 60 mph. Even adding the 3 liters per minute would not provide enough offset in fuel supply to give the results you are saying it provides.3 liters isnt even 1% of the engines fuel requirement. I doubt it would give any increase in mileage whatsoever.

Last edited by latech; 03-03-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: s. cental ohio
Posts: 39
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
By your math you are getting 220 more miles on 16 oz. of water or more than 13 miles per oz. That is pretty impressive but not too plausable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: My Last Hot Rod
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 264
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 15
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
read the info

HHO Generator
HHO Generator

HHO generators uses the basic and very old process of electrolysis of water (H2O) to convert it to its gaseous state (HHO). For a car, truck or other vehicle, the HHO generator fits either under the hood or in the trunk or bed.

Once the HHO generator creates gas from water, this is then injected into the vehicle's intake system. The hydrogen and oxygen (sometimes called hydroxy or oxyhydrogen) helps the gasoline or diesel fuel burn more cleanly inside the cylinders.

This clean burn means fewer emissions and increased gas mileage. It must be noted that both hydrogen and oxygen are flammable and combustible in the gaseous state.

How HHO generatosr work exactly has been a debate for years. Ever since William A. Rhodes (Rhode's gas) and Yull Brown (Brown's gas) applied for patents in the 1960's and 1970's concerning HHO gas and showed its use in welding applications, critics have been calling this snake oil, scams, and other choice names.

What the critics have yet to explain however is the fact that it actually does work. Yull Brown used an HHO torch to weld materials and even burn himself on the forearm to prove that an HHO generator can produce clean gas with a high temperature (over 6,000 F).

A company that Rhodes started in Phoenix, Arizona called Arizona Hydrogen Manufacturing is now selling HHO generator based welding machines that electrolyze water to create the gas for a high temperature flame. It's hard to call something snake oil when there is irrefutable visual evidence that it works.

So, because HHO gas is not well understood on an atomic scale, some people tend to pan what they don't understand. But, nevertheless, HHO generators are here to stay as their demand in the automotive industry increases daily and their use in the welding industry is also a hot commodity. Technological conservatives will soon give way to the progressives on this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: My Last Hot Rod
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 264
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 15
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Grandpa01

The water stays for about 3 weeks and then I add more distilled water. I dont need to add any baking soda as the slurry is all ready there. Please do your research before comenting doubts this tech is here to stay many use it. look on line under HHO and see research it. please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: My Last Hot Rod
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 264
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 15
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have read all that stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by latech
I read this article. It confirmed my thoughts that the H2 generator mentioned here is not only innefective but dangerous.
Please read this. The guy knows what he is talking about.
http://answers.yahoo.com./question/i...4131643AAsFG8U

I apologize if this curbs your enthusiasm, but it is a good reality check as it shows the math and hard fact involved with running hydrogen.
Those E Bay sellers are hosing people.
The E Bay generators make around 3 liters of uncompressed gas per minute(under Ideal conditions). Your van needs 700-825 liters per minute to run at 60 mph. Even adding the 3 liters per minute would not provide enough offset in fuel supply to give the results you are saying it provides.3 liters isnt even 1% of the engines fuel requirement. I doubt it would give any increase in mileage whatsoever.
>> JHow can you explain when i take a 108 mile trip it always took 1/4 of my 22 gal gas tank. since i put in the hho it is 1/2 of what it usually took from a 22 gal gas tank. I have run these tests for 3.5 years and it always comes out the same ,I always get an mpg increase with the unit. So i dont want to dampen your enthuseasum either but facts are facts I know what i am getting, If i had listened to all these math arm chair people I would still be paying for full amount on my gas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: My Last Hot Rod
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 264
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 15
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I resent that you people call me a Liar when you have no proof this does not work

I have the notes and the facts while you all have nothing but some figures on a paper from some left Wing professor that probably owns stock in Exxon or other co's. And has never sat in a car with one of these units and actual drove a couple hundred miles to see for them selves. This is a very poor way to make comparrisons and give us the readers your views with out good sound test facts like I have. You people have to try this and see for your self the others are wrong I have no reason to lie , i don't sell these things i don't make these things I buy them and use them and they work. thats all I can tell you this is worse than a Political debate with lies and word twisting.try it yourself and see I am correct in everything I said here. Join thousands of happy Motorists who are skinning the Arabs of bomb belt money, hehehehe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to run on hydrogen? 1930u Hotrodders' Lounge 19 04-07-2013 08:32 PM
Saw earlier archives?? about hydrogen Burning in a car rsfyj Engine 4 11-20-2011 09:21 PM
Hydrogen Burning Engine, no gas storage... Cyberats Hotrodders' Lounge 101 01-29-2009 07:16 PM
Some hydrogen questions for those who know Jmark Engine 33 08-26-2008 09:06 PM
hydrogen silvertop Introduce Yourself 11 07-03-2008 09:26 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.