Anybody have any thoughts, burning hydrogen - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2012, 08:50 PM

Last journal entry: My Last Hot Rod
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I never said my car ran on just hydrogen, never

Dont twist what I said its partial use and it works. i know what it would take to run a complete engine on this. We cant do that This is an enhancement like Nitros. or methanol etc. How you all can read what I said and not get what I said is beyond me. No wonder we have wars misinterpretation of words. You all misinterpreted what I said this is partial a boost with your gas. Please read what I said I never said the whole engine ran on this mix. It uses the 300 ml liters or the 100 ml per minute and helps the combustion and thus uses less gas from my tank. And it shows up at a large gas savings. Golly I even use them on my lawn mower and soo on my oil Burner in my home. And on my hot rod once it gets going And maybe even a Hydrogen Torch before I die if I get time.. Some of you are worse than our media the way you twist things to your likes. The v/6 uses what the generator produces that's all I said. I never claimed it would run the whole engine on Hydrogen.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 12:39 AM

Last photo:

I went to college dealing in alt fuels and energy

after I get pulled together Ill help you as much as you want.

This is a cool thread.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:58 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

I'm sorry you think I am personally attacking you; I don't know you personally and would never attack you. I cave gathered you do not have a technical education and detest people who do and I am sorry for that. You could make much more informed decisions with that education. If you reread my posts I think you will find I am just quoting facts, not attacking anyone.

I have read all the claims by proponents, (not quite as stupid and backward as I seem), seen many YouTube videos over the years so am not ignorant of the claims. The guy on YouTube who made your device claims it uses 6 amps. That yields 36watts with the 12V battery being used. Fact, not wild conjecture. 1HP is of course 746 watts (that's not some egg head radical leftist number written on a scrap of paper - it is a physical fact). Thus the energy being put into the hydrogen gas being burned in your engine is the equivalent of one very dim light bulb or 36/746 = 0.05hp. That is the only energy available to your engine from the process. Laws of conservation of energy dictate that fact. As you can imagine, I need to be skeptical that your mileage doubles running this through your engine. That assumes the hydrogen didn't need energy generated by burning gasoline @ 20% thermal efficiency to charge the battery. In fact your mileage is actually a tiny fraction worse than just burning gasoline due to the entropy of your system.

I agree hydrogen could make a good welding gas however acetylene and MAPP gasses have proved to be more practical so are the ones normally used.

Be very careful with that device. As you point out above hydrogen gas contains a lot of potential energy and is quite unstable even without the oxygen present. I was shocked to see the 'inventor' allows the hydrogen and oxygen to accumulate in the same glass jar. This is a time bomb ready to go off. If you happened to have your body under the hood when it happens, it would be very bad.

There are always wild anecdotal claims for these perpetual motion class devices but scarce (read non-existent) scientific data to support the claims. Sophomore Thermodynamics 101 calculations show the claims are impossible. The inventor if reputable would show controlled test results confirming his claims. In this case that would be a minimum of 20 mileage test runs over identical course in the same vehicle. 10 runs without the device and 10 runs with it. The course, speed, stops and gos, etc. would all be controlled and the course would be long enough to accurately and precisely measure specific energy consumption.

My posts in this thread are not aimed particularly at you since you are content with the system you are running, They are aimed at young rodders who need to understand basic technical principles so they don't waste money on fuel line magnets, 100mpg carbs, air spinners, flux capacitors, or any one of a bunch of similar useless devices that are constantly peddled.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:59 AM
Hates: Liver. Loves: Diesel

Last wiki edit: How to find cheap parts
Last journal entry: Found an LQ9 today
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 16

This thread has made me laugh. He even posted about HHO gas.

What's next, perpetual motion?

Hey, let's put windmills on our cars attached to alternators. We can drive forever.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:39 AM

Last photo:

Controled tests

I have many I travel to up state NY about 2 hours away and 108 miles one way. I do this 4 times a year. And I it always comes out the same I get about 24mpg as compared to 14 to 18 mpg without the device. I have so much info after 3.5 years that I do not need to listen to someone tell me I don't increase my mileage with this unit. I have done all the research and now enjoy gas savings that i would not normally have. And I do have technical skills. I was technical enough to save gas with my unit, hehehe You put that in your rant to demean me and my talents. I am 68 yrs old and seen about everything there is. I was in the Army for 12 yrs and can pick out the trouble makers and the vocal people who want the focus on them I was a platoon Sgt, so I been there done that. Math is good if applied in the proper sequence and problem. Try sitting in a car equipped with a unit like mine and take a trip with your calculator and after the trips then you will have a different take if you are honest with yourself.. Everything you professed does not apply to my unit. Why?? because mine works I have proof all the numbers pulled out of your calculator wont change my Gas mileage I enjoy. And I want others to enjoy this also if they choose.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:42 AM

Last photo:

Curtis73

I see your technical skills are more aimed at flapping your mouth with unsupported information and accusations, along with wise cracks. You are being put in the garden by me with the other Turnips so you have some one to talk to.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsfyj
I see your technical skills are more aimed at flapping your mouth with unsupported information and accusations, along with wise cracks. You are being put in the garden by me with the other Turnips so you have some one to talk to.
Can't argue with any of that! My wife says the same thing. Glad you are happy with your system. However can't figure out why you don't put on 2 or 3 more and eliminate gasoline alltogether. That would convince me.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:26 AM

Last photo:

you know that is not possible with the tech we have now

but a new chip installation will give me anther 4to 7 mpg according to the manufacturer. It is cheaper than a decent pair of shocks. I think ill try that instead of pressurizing a large tank with hydrogen. thanks for the comments
Old 03-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:

Alfie had it figured out before us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mad134id.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	63686  
Old 03-04-2012, 10:52 AM

Last photo:

Hey

Why not mix gas/hydrogen, and methanol the last two are easy to make at home, hmmm China is the worlds largest methanol user and supplier, why not here what a sustainable fuel going into the next couple decades
Old 03-04-2012, 11:03 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok
after I get pulled together Ill help you as much as you want.

This is a cool thread.
We have to do some chemical analysis

and understanding of the law of thermodynamics 1 law and 2

and power generation from an alternator P=E X I in a Resistance load only.

plates can act like caps and throw power factor off alternators are inductors

inductive reactance

then gas in certain environments especially methanol this is bad stuff.

Im here to help not judge.Golden rule applies at all times.Plus a wise crack once in awhile.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:31 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsfyj
I have the notes and the facts while you all have nothing but some figures on a paper from some left Wing professor that probably owns stock in Exxon or other co's. And has never sat in a car with one of these units and actual drove a couple hundred miles to see for them selves. This is a very poor way to make comparrisons and give us the readers your views with out good sound test facts like I have. You people have to try this and see for your self the others are wrong I have no reason to lie , i don't sell these things i don't make these things I buy them and use them and they work. thats all I can tell you this is worse than a Political debate with lies and word twisting.try it yourself and see I am correct in everything I said here. Join thousands of happy Motorists who are skinning the Arabs of bomb belt money, hehehehe
You're a textbook example of a zealot for gimmicks. You make no attempt to provide ANY scientific evidence of how your gimmick might work, other than screaming endlessly that you know it works because you said so. Then, the instant someone makes some attempt to explain why the gimmick can't work, based on firmly established and proven scientific principles, you pull out the victim card and start personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with you.

While Willys36 was wasting 4 yrs of his life on an ME degree 40 yrs ago at Fresno State, I was simultaneously wasting 4 yrs of my own getting the same degree at NC State. I guess that makes us both members of the same brotherhood of brainwashed idiots in your mind. You've made it quite clear its also acceptable, in your mind, to insult and attack anyone whose education extends beyond a 4th grade level, so it seems only fair to find out whether you can take it as well as you can pass it out.

Since you've made it quite clear you're the one with all the technical and mechanical expertise, it seems that premise deserves a closer look.

Fortunately, anyone here who's interested in a real assessment of your skills needs look no further than your own journal and the vast number of pics you've posted in graphic demonstration of those skills. I'd suggest starting with the oldest journal posts and working forward thru the pics. The whole story is right there in high resolution detail, so there's no need to belabor the issue here. Anyone who spends a few minutes there will come away with a real first hand feel for your skill level, and, if there was any doubt beforehand, a much better understanding of why you're incapable of engaging in any sort of technical discussion in a rational manner.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:57 PM

Last photo:

Chuckle

The best defence is throwing offence. Had you took the time to go in the field and check things yourself you wouldn't be bad mouthing anyone, or would you? Attack my forum cause you got no where's with this one, heheeh. Throw me off this webb site I can live without your HS. And for my forum if you don't like it go else where this is a free world. We all do what we can and you smart ***** think you know everything. Because you have 4 years of college. calculator ACES... Then you come on to me bad mouthing my unit that works. I told all I have 3.5 yrs of data that shows I save gas. You better get off your Butt and get out there and see what you don't know. Even if I explained it to you I know you would call me a dummy like you have. that's the left Wing way of showing defeat throwing names and offence. It pisses you all off because your calculator wont ring up that this technology works. Enough said, name calling is getting you or I anywhere. I can't help that i am correct in all I stated and my lack of 4 years in college. What can I say I found the Tech you haven't.. bye bye
Old 03-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Race The Truck

Last journal entry: Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Truck
Last photo:

Your not going to get any ware with out data to back you up the ones that don't what to try or look at the tech will just do so! They allready run hho car in Calif and have filling stations as part of a test program so please hho is coming!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JTTC...eature=related
http://www.panacea-bocaf.org/fuelvap...technology.htm
Old 03-04-2012, 02:17 PM

Last photo:

Iceland is leading in H2 tech its no joke and they are doing it.They are using

Geothermal energy to turn turbines to split water in to h2 and o2.

Electrical Engineer I have seen some crazy ideas,but in the end

physics shows that it is feasible or not.

Hydrogen works but not in certain ways.

H2 is super reactive and is a non Newtonian fluid when liquefied.

N2 reacts to certain elements but is used as a buffer in fuel.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.