Hot Rod Forum banner

Anybody have a Jim Weimer Mustang ll Frontend?

11K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  TT66' 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed a mustang ll kit from Jim Weimer's Rod Garage? It looks like quality stuff but just wondering if anyone had any experience with his kits.

#3 ·
Deuce,
I phoned Weimers Rod Garage and talked to Darrol the owner Friday and asked several questions about his products. Real nice people. :) I ended up purchasing a complete frontend kit and a rear end spring kit from him. Free shipping on both items. The rear kit comes from Chassis Engineering :cool: which I liked so that was icing on the cake. He was very helpful and told me not to hesitate to phone him with any questions that may arise during the install. He did tell me they would be at the SR Nats and the Frog Follies this year so I will look them up. I should be getting the packages this week and I'll keep you all posted. :welcome:

#4 ·
:D

Great news ...
I have found from my own experiences ... that if a Rod Shop goes to a lot of events ... they are pretty good about their products and services ... they HAVE to be or get called out ... in front of a lot of potential customers. :smash:

I plan on being at the Nats ... in KY
If you see my old 32 Roadster ... just walk up and identify yourself ...

Deuce ..

#5 ·
Jim Weimer's Rod Garage

I had one of their IFS installed in my 51 dodge pickup. They did some great work, check it out on my project journal on here or check out my website at www.oldtruck.sytes.net . They are great people, Darrel has helped me with a ton of stuff, they are local for me, and have a great shop and a great bunch of Guys. Bob is the one at most of the shows. The IFS that I have in my truck is a one off and they used my truck as a template. Here is what I got from them and the work they did....

Mustang II IFS
Tubular control arms
2" Drop spindles
complete rotor and caliper package
Air ride suspension all the way around
installed my own supplied 9" ford rear end
4 link suspension with panhard bar
Motor mounts for a 95 LT1
Tranny mount for a 4L60E
reworked the sheetmetal on the firewall and mocked up for a bigblock chevy.

The price was great and they have become very good friends of mine. Always willing to help out and stand behind their product. All the IFS parts are fabricated there in house. And they are now venturing into 32 Ford frame rails, they have their own dies for them. They are stamped, laser cut ready to go. If you want something, they will bring it to a local show to save you the shipping costs!

I can't say enough good things about them.

Check them out.
www.jwrodgarage.com
:thumbup:

#6 ·
Deuce,
If I see your car I'll give you a shout. Always look forward to the Nationals. My goal was to drive my 41 Chevy there this year but looks like next year. Have some serious work to do before then. Can't wait to get started. :thumbup:

SonicWeb, that is a nice 51 there. My cousin had a sweet 51 Dodge back years ago when I had my learners permit he would let me drive him around in it. It had a flat six in it that ran like a sewing machine. A nice truck to learn how to drive in. I should have bought it from him. Somebody kick me. :spank:

#7 ·
Had 7 packages of Jim Weimer Rod Garage goodies when I got home last night. :drool: When through and itemized everything while ago. Real nice looking fit and finish of fabricated parts with both tig and mig welding. Very good quality welding with no spatter. The rear kit from Chassis Engineering looks good as well. I did quite a bit of asking questions of different manufacturers before I made this purchase cause it's an important one and right now I'm feelin' pretty good about it. I can't wait to get started on it. :D

#8 ·
weimer's Mustang II

TT66' said:
Has anyone installed a mustang ll kit from Jim Weimer's Rod Garage? It looks like quality stuff but just wondering if anyone had any experience with his kits.
I have used several of their frontends(Hub to Hub) setups and I like them better than any I have used. They have a very competive price compared to the others out there. There's one front end out there that I have used , per the customers request saved a couple hundred dollars each, but , they have a problem with the A-Arms top ball joint boots hitting the upper spring mounts making holes in them when the car does not have any weight on it. This will let dirt and moisture get into the boot where it tears it. I have been using Weimer's front end parts for about 8-10 years. 1958kustom

#9 ·
1958kustom,
I ended up purchasing a complete ifs kit from Weimer's and am very pleased about the install. It was my first attempt and I am satisfied with the workmanship of the crossmember and the other parts included. Very competitive product. :thumbup: I also purchased a rear end kit from them at the same time which came from Chassis Engineering and was pleased the way it turned out also. :cool: I've talked to represenatives from both companies on the phone and in person and really admire the customer support side of things. I don't have the car ready to drive yet but I am ready to see how it will handle the road.
TT66'

#10 ·
Jim Weimer Frontend.

Hello, I have one of these frontends on my 38 Chevy pick-up. I have to tell you that it is outstanding. It handles great, and the folks are excellent to deal with. They are very helpful and really know there stuff. I think you will enjoy working with them, and above all, I'm sure you will be very pleased with there product.
Frank

#11 ·
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I should have reposted here about my experience with the install. It went very smooth and parts fit well. I am very pleased with the kit so far. I haven't road tested it yet but I need to get the steering and brakes going plus a few other things but I am satisfied with the quality of the kit. :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.