Anybody that that needs auto body tips. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2006, 12:30 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Anybody that that needs auto body tips.

Hello everybody I'm new to Hotrodder's forum I hope to be helpful to anybody in need of auto body tech help or paint and prep.
I just built my own shop and quit my job. I'm currently just finishing my paint booth installation then I need to install shelving, cabinets and organize tools. Then I will start projects my first being my girlfriend car. Basically a free paint job for a (BJ) I mean to test the paint booth operation. The car is a 91 Eagle talon awd turbo not my type of car but worthy of paint. It is very rusty for the age and I will post pictures if anybody is interested in creating and welding patch panels for cars where no sheet metal is available. It will need a large patch on trunk lid, rockers almost completely gone and front fender patch and both quarters need work. Then I will start my cool projects 70' Charger and my Friends 69' GTO. I hope to hear from people that want to learn from me also people that can teach me new things.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	heat.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	11491   Click image for larger version

Name:	bench.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	11492   Click image for larger version

Name:	b.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	11493   Click image for larger version

Name:	b2.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	11494   Click image for larger version

Name:	b3.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	11495  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2006, 05:10 AM
Last photo:

Welcome to the group, nice looking shop and paint booth, I'm jealous .

Vince
Old 04-10-2006, 10:15 AM

Last photo:

Good move going with the infloor heat! The warm floor makes it comfortable and seems to help the back when working on concrete all day. Nice setup! Bob
Old 04-10-2006, 11:18 AM

Welcome, nice looking shop you've got.What part of Manitoba are you from? I live about 30 miles west of Brandon.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:42 AM

Last photo:

30 miles north of Brandon you know Minnedosa.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Body and exterior tips Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Anybody that that needs auto body tips.

Hey lincoln9 glad to see you got your pictures of your shop up so quickly. Your shop is looking pretty good. Looks like you have found a new friend a few miles away. Maybe he can send some work your way. Good luck with your business. Looking forward to your posts in this forum.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:28 PM
KING OF BONDO

Last journal entry: My little helper
Last photo:

Welcome to the board...Looks like a nice setup... Now time to start the hard work!! .. that does not include the GF's car... you will reap rewards long afterwards
Old 04-10-2006, 01:29 PM

Last photo:

If anybody does have a car near my area that needs restoration or complete paint I would like to discuss future projects. I will be doing the best work to my ability at low cost compaired to collision shops atleast until I'm know for extreme high end work. I would work just on the one vehicle until its done unlike body shops that just stick it in the corner and forget about it until it get slow.
The main reason for leaving the collision repair shop business and building my own private shop. I am tired of never been given time to do a perfect job I always had to cut corner under orders of other. Not any more.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:51 PM

I'm south of Kenton, so not that far away.Got a freind at Oak Lake that got sick of autopac and just works on his own, so know what you are talking about.I've got a 57 Buick Special that he stripped down and took it back to 2 block sandings but doesn't have a booth, so I had to paint it elsewhere.It turned out real good. I'll be at the brandon cruise nites with it and other local shows. Look me up! I'm working on a 39 Chevy 2dr. that is nearly to the point of needing someone with more ability's than me for the final bodywork and paint. Jim
Old 04-10-2006, 02:04 PM

Last photo:

Well if you post pics of the 39' I would like to see it. I would certainly help you out with it if your interested. I would allow you to work with me in the shop on weekends if you like getting your hands dirty. I would need to actually see it before giving any promises on cost and time. When did you hope to get it finished?
Old 04-10-2006, 03:14 PM

Last photo:

Looks like a nice setup. I am sure a lot of guys here know how a typical collision shop operates when you are working under someone else, usually low pay for the work you do and everything is rush rush rush. You just have to be carefull about advertising for work on the board, its against this sites rules. Look forward to you contributing. Good luck with your shop and business.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.