Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anybody put an early hemi into a T bucket?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 09:23 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1957plymouthhemi
"....."When buying a used car, punch the buttons on the radio. If all the stations are rock and roll, there's a good chance the transmission is shot." - Larry Lujack......"

By the way Centerline, I like the quote. Brings back memories of WLS and US 30, Nickey Chevrolet and Mr Norms commercials. Yeah, I'm that old.
I remember Nickey Chevrolet. I bought a 66 Vette fastback from a "pre-owned" Caddy dealer in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl in '71. They said it was a 396 and it ran like crap. Cost me $1800. Took it home, switched two plug wires and it purred like a kitten. Took the numbers off the block and couldn't find any matches so called Nickey and had them look it up. Turned out to be one of the first '66 Vettes with the 425 hp. 427 produced. God, I wish I still had that car...

Centerline
HotRodsAndHemis.com

Top ten reasons racing is better then sex:

1)You're expected to burn rubber, 2) It's OK to be a spectator, 3) There is a pit crew to help you out, 4) The faster you are the better you are, 5) It can last for several hours, 6) It's acceptable to tailgate, 7) You're supposed to finish first, 8) Earplugs are OK to drown out noise, 9) You don't have to kiss the race car, and 10) You get a trophy when your done.

Last edited by Centerline; 12-29-2011 at 09:36 AM.