Hot Rod Forum banner

Anybody put a Mustang II in a 58-60 Rambler American

22K views 29 replies 7 participants last post by  farna 
#1 ·
Has anyone put a mustang II front end into a stock 1958-1960 Rambler American? I am not doing a new chassis.
I know I've dove into this before but I am really trying to find someone that has done it and can inform me on whether they used a multi-fit universal kit or did they find a kit that is intended for another make model but happens to fit the Rambler American. Also, where did you get it? I am only looking into Mustang II. Someone out there has already done this I am sure. I have already called alot of front end mfg's and am getting a run-around. I am ready to get the universal kit but maybe someone else has a better Mustang II kit??
Any help is appreciated.

1960 Rambler American 2 door wagon

Thanks guys.

#30 ·
I don't think using a full frame would be any easier than stubbing in sections. You have to cut out and build an entire new floor to use a frame. To do that you need to tack weld a support structure in to hold the body rigid and everything correctly positioned while the new frame is placed then welded to the body.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.