Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anybody use Wanda Paint?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 08:36 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan Autocolors
I just wanted to clear some things up about wanda paint. I have been using wanda line paint products for over a year now. Primer ,base and clear. Some of you don't know about this product and I don't blame you for having doubts about its performance. I have a full toner bank system and am very happy with the color match capabilities and how easy this product is to work with, unlike most inexpensive paint lines witch only offer one or two color variants wands offers atleast two and I have seen some with up to seven or eight . I do production and restorations and wouldn't hesitate using it on either type of job. Another benefit is the clear and the primer all use the same hardeners thus saving on having to stock multiple types of hardeners medium,slow,and extra slow that's what they offer and that's all you need . The clear and primer mix 4 to 1 with a hardener, base and sealer mix 2 to 1 with a reducer , unlike other companies with have a plethora of mixing ratios. Color hold out and coverage are excellent as well. The clear is easy to spray is a high solid and lays down nice and costs around 100 a gallon with hardner. Most base colors cover in two coats and run around 220 a gallon unreduced,example wa505q in ppg this is only offered in a three stage and is around 1000 for 3 quarts base 1 1/2 quarts mid coat ,wanda offers it base coat 270 gallon unreduced . The toner bank has the capabilities to mix over 10,000 different colors including three stage paints as well .the primer is also a great product and runs around 100 per gallon kit also, and is comparable to many high line products. Sealer is around 40 a quart and is tintable up to 10% with wandas toners . Just wanted to throw this out there I know wanda isn't the best name for a paint product and I get alot of funny looks when I say that's what I spray but it is a great product, and has been around for many decades in south America .give it a try Mabey just the primer at least you won't be disappointed.
Is the Wanda basecoat as good as Crossfire?