Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anybody use Wanda Paint?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 04:12 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman View Post
Finally, a few pros that actually use it....It sounds interesting enough to try and see for myself since Im not partial to ANY particulay base just whats convenient and quick to get. I Just paid 96.00 a "pint" for bordeau red in Chroma base (PPG was even more) this might just be the last can of Dupont I ever buy....My butts so sore I can hardly carry my wallet....I'll definetly be trying it...Theres a paint for every type of job thats part of what being a good painter is all about...
You know what I have realized that I like about YOU, DeadBodyMan? You've got heart and appear to be pretty self-confident guy! I've read your posts on other topics, and I've seen pictures of your projects. It's apparent, you're pretty well versed, in a lot of areas related to body & paint, and you have an opinion that carries some weight with me!

What impressed me in this Thread, was the fact that you spoke your mind, about "Wanda branded paint" early on; however, once you read the post by "Artisan" (?) a professional shop.......you shoved it in reverse and retracted your earlier comments! Not because someone badgered you into doing it but because you were given NEW information by someone who's using the product in a professional setting. To be willing to change your opinion based on new information is commendable in a day when men don't have the courage to admit they may have been lacking info when they made an earlier judgement! Good for YOU man!

Let's face it; a lot of DIYer's/Hobbyists (i.e. myself included) are willing to sacrifice quality for cost, but a shop can't afford to lose customers, by pumping out poor results! With that in mind, you KNOW a shop isn't going to just pump a brand name if it's putting out poor quality results!

As a follow up to this old Thread, "Wanda" resurfaced in the Sept. 2012 issue of "Street Rodder" magazine page 73. They listed "House of Kolor" on the same page, and PPG and DuPont on the following pages, and I think they gave a fair representation of each of them, according to their intended benefits. Because my local Paint Wholesale jobber also sells this paint, I wanted to know if this Forum had some "hands-on" opinions! The only irrelevant comments I've seen posted suggested that "Wanda" was an odd name for a paint.....what? Like DuPont isn't anything more than just a "family's last name"? Duh! LOL!

As a result of these opinions and representations, I'm AT LEAST going to give this paint a shot on my 1990 Chevy LoRider; then, depending on the coverage and reflective qualities, I may give the thumbs up for my son's '73 Stang! Keep on Truckin Men!