Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anyone else hate Big Rims on Muscle Cars
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 11:07 AM
The Dude

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Anyone else hate Big Rims on Muscle Cars

Am I the only person that gets bothered by seeing DUB rims and other big rims on classic Muscle Cars? Muscle Cars are rare where I live (even the 80s Pony Cars have become a rare sight) but their are two Muscle Cars in my Neighborhood one is a 1968 Chevelle and the other is a 1969 Camaro. The Chevelle looks nice from a Distance, it is Orange with white stripes but when you get close you see the big 20 inch rims the guy has one it and I believe the car is juiced too! The Camaro also looks nice from a distance, black but it is sitting on 22s and I know this one is juiced!
My Dad thinks I am weird that it bothers me as do his friends. But it bothers me that these cars were meant to be driven and raced not thrown on 22s and trailed around to car shows. (The Chevelle gets trailed, the owner never drives it).
The weird part is I don't live in the Ghetto either, I live in a gated Subdivision.
Anyone else get bothered by this or should I just leave it as everyone has their own tastes?