Hot Rod Forum banner

Anyone else have a Cougar?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Luke Peterson 
#1 ·
My brother just bought a 1969 Cougar to be his daily driver into Philly everyday. He got it for $1900 with very little rust at all. We went and got it Saturday. I believe that parts from the Mustang will fit. Just looking for some info, vin decoders, and places that sell parts for the Cougar. Any info is appreiciated.

Thanks,
Luke

#2 ·
I have had 4 1970 Eliminators and a 1969 XR-7, although I only have Mustangs currently. I kinda fancy the '67-'68s. You are correct about most Mustang parts fitting, virtually everything under the skin will fit and is the same. There are a few Cougar supply companies popping up. If you need any decoding info, e-mail me offline and I can help you out. I also still have a vast array of parts accumulated over the last 30 years if you have trouble finding anything.

#4 ·
Yepper......

I have a '69 XR7. I've owned the car for 3 yrs. now. My 1st Cougar was bought for me by my dad..... It was wrecked. I think he bought it to keep from having to kill me. (yeah...... I was a problem) There are more and more Cougar vendors popping up. It shouldnt be too bad getting MOST parts. Keep in mind, SOME Cougar parts are 'bout impossible to come by.
Woodz, I'm looking for a straight front bumper for a '69...... it'd be great if you'd check to see if you have one. I'm not worried about great chrome, as it'll be body color anyway.
Thanks!
Todd.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.