Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Anyone ever deal with Carmax ?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 12:34 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Only experience I had was about 4 months ago, I was going to sell my wifes 2003 T-bird I had bought new for her, it was perfect except had 71,000 miles.
I was trying to figure out what to list the car for and they had a local on line deal to sell you car, asked a million questions and wanted a ton of pictures, so i did.
They came back at 14,000 and said you are right car has never been wrecked, bring it in anytime with title.
Three days later they called to see about the car and I said not sure, may just list on craigs list, as I don't feel like driving car 30 miles with a follower, to be low-balled. She said, OK I will give you 14,500, so if we low ball you 250 you still make money. LOL

I set up time for next weekend to deliver and a friend of a friend who owns a dealership offered me 15,000 and he would come pick up, so easy enough.

Bottom line, they seemed very honest and up front but I was honest about the car also and supported it with lots of closeup pictures.

I actually feel bad I did not let them have the car as they were so nice to me but I will get over it. LOL