Anyone ever deal with Carmax ? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2012, 09:43 AM
NEVER SATISFIED !!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Anyone ever deal with Carmax ?

Just wondering if Carmax is just like every other car dealer. I'm really tired of all the BS I've gotten in the past.

THANKS

454 RATTLER

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012, 11:45 AM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

My family, friends and I have dealt with two local Carmax dealerships several times over the past few years. They've never given us any BS whatsoever. Mostly, we've gone there to see how much they'll buy our cars for and their prices have been very fair, sometimes much better than expected. And of course, much higher than what the dealerships will give on a trade-in. And they never pressured us to buy a car from them, even after having test driven a few.

Carmax has been the best experience we have had dealing with dealerships, aside from once going through the internet sales department for a local Toyota dealership. In that case, all the details were worked out online and we went in, signed the paperwork and were out the door in under thirty minutes.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:46 PM
NEVER SATISFIED !!

Last photo:

That's great to hear.

Anyone else got a story, good or bad ?

454 RATTLER
Old 08-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Banned User

Last photo:

Not yet, but if i do decide to go newer used car then they are one of the first places i would like to look because:

1) good quality of cars---generally no issues

2) decent warranty

3) you can return if within 7 days if you don't like it for a full refund (will have to double check this as the current policy may have changed)

So, the prices may be higher than if you found an equivalent car from a private seller, but carmax takes away all the hassle factor---this may make the higher price worth it.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

We dealt with them when the dealer was lowballing us on a trade-in, I have never heard anything bad of Carmax. We got what we wanted from them and bought the new car.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:55 PM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

I've heard of them but never used them,,, how do they work,? appairently not like a normal theaving dealer
Old 08-20-2012, 12:03 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

They operate just like a used car dealership except they don't pressure you to buy and they will not negotiate on price. It seems how they pay their employees also factors in on the overall customer service and shopping experience: How do CARMAX sales associates get paid? - Yahoo! Answers.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:08 PM
quadrajunk, best junk there is

Last photo:

I have bought two cars from them in the past and no problems. I think they are high on warranties and options you specify. bt
Old 08-20-2012, 12:34 PM

Last photo:

Only experience I had was about 4 months ago, I was going to sell my wifes 2003 T-bird I had bought new for her, it was perfect except had 71,000 miles.
I was trying to figure out what to list the car for and they had a local on line deal to sell you car, asked a million questions and wanted a ton of pictures, so i did.
They came back at 14,000 and said you are right car has never been wrecked, bring it in anytime with title.
Three days later they called to see about the car and I said not sure, may just list on craigs list, as I don't feel like driving car 30 miles with a follower, to be low-balled. She said, OK I will give you 14,500, so if we low ball you 250 you still make money. LOL

I set up time for next weekend to deliver and a friend of a friend who owns a dealership offered me 15,000 and he would come pick up, so easy enough.

Bottom line, they seemed very honest and up front but I was honest about the car also and supported it with lots of closeup pictures.

I actually feel bad I did not let them have the car as they were so nice to me but I will get over it. LOL
Old 08-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

They're good to deal with but they do have high prices when you are buying, and they don't give you even close to full value for your car when they buy from you.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:21 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

carmax kept me away from a few bad cars I might have purchased otherwise. I thought it was a great idea to be able to check the background on numerous cars and pay for a month rather than paying for just one car to be checked on.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:57 PM
NEVER SATISFIED !!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
carmax kept me away from a few bad cars I might have purchased otherwise. I thought it was a great idea to be able to check the background on numerous cars and pay for a month rather than paying for just one car to be checked on.
Tech69, I think you misunderstood. I was asking about Carmax, NOT Carfax.

I do agree with you about Carfax. It helps sometimes. Not everything is reported so Carfax doesn't have all the info on some cars.

Thanks for your reply.

454 RATTLER

Tags
carmax, dealerships

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.