Anyone fimiliar w/ energy logic or black gold furnaces ? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2011, 04:09 PM
... & Insanity Ensues .....

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

Anyone fimiliar w/ energy logic or black gold furnaces ?

So my buddy has a Lanair waste oil furnace for his shop which doesnt work. He decided to just replace the entire fan / atomizer unit and be done with it ...

And then he found a fan / atomizer way cheaper. Thats where the problem begins. Its for a EL / BG waste oil furnace. IM not to worried about having to ake up a preheater, but i need to figure out the power and thermostat wiring to the burner unit

I figured out the round 6 pin plug on the side is the preheater wiring, and that the corded square 5 pin is the "burner plug" (hows that for a generic name?) and there is also one more small 2 pin plug that i cant figure out. At first i thought it was for the wall themostat, but if it was it would just be screw terminals, not a plastic plug.

looks like this:

Oil pump and fan, fan control, and preheater are already wired up on the Lanair power box, and the wall thermostat wires into it as well, so i think i just have to figure out whats what on the 5 prong and make my connections.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2011, 04:38 PM

Last journal entry: My Last Hot Rod
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

get online

search for the brand name and model when you find it ask for a wiring diagram you can usually down load these, maybe Honeywell has one also check and see on line. Almost everything made in USA can be researched by someone on line
Old 12-01-2011, 06:50 PM
... & Insanity Ensues .....

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

I still cant find a wiring diagram. The company sells a manual, but who knows whats in it. Donno if i feel like spending $18 to NOT get an answer. I would think that if the manual had a proper wiring diagram someone would have introduced that page to their scanner by now.

I did however find that the 5 prong plug only has 3 actual wires. I assume this is done so the burner can only be plugged into the electrical box on the heater, If you killed power to the heater and then plugged in ONLY the burner your just ASKING for thermonuclear meltdown of the heat exchanger / chimney.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:13 PM

Last wiki edit: Wiring diagram 1953 Chevrolet
Last journal entry: Spare Tire Dent Removal
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 647

Not much to these old oil guns.

Power goes in to fire up the pump to bring the oil into the center nozzle, power also goes to the twin ignitor (porcelin thingy with the tungsten tip) located after the nozzle. The power source is controlled by the thermostat wires coming in to the main power control box turning the oil and spark off and on.

There is usually a diagram located inside one of the boxes to show the distribution of power. The 'black toaster box' usually has a couple of coils in it which connects to the ignitor. The box with the red reset button should have a schematic inside the cover or Google the part number for a schematic. The black rectangular box below should be the divider box that split up the incoming wiring. The 5 prong plug is probably power in with a ground and power out to the FAN control. Hope this helps ya.

Meant to add: We used to put a pre-filter on these puppies that was a mesh type filter material with a aluminum in/out top with a bolt-thru steel cannister bottom, a washable type of filter, It kept out the crud and sludge from the used oil, so it wouldn't bugger up the pump.

Last edited by alittle1; 12-01-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.