Hot Rod Forum banner

Anyone going to the Billetproof in Antioch show?

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  MARTINSR 
#1 ·
http://www.billetproof.com/upcoming_shows/nor-cal/show.htm

I've never been, but I hear it's a killer show, if you like cars built without anything billet/high tech...Small show, limited to 1000 cars.

My son and I are going this afternoon.

I'll take some pics.

If anyone else is going, let me know, maybe we can hook up.

Later, mikey

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
How was it?

I grew up in this area, but haven't been back much lately. There's ALWAYS been some awesome cars in this area.

When I was a kid I remember some awesome 59 Impalas painted yellow-green, root beer brown with large metal flake painted cars, pimp cadillacs with diamond windows in the back, custom cars galore ...oh the good ole days.

Oh course later on was the muscle cars in the high school parking lot. Some Tri-5 chevys still going strong, and just about anything that would get you away from home was cool.

Antioch was one of the places to be on Friday and Saturday nights and cool cars of this era played a big part in cruising Antioch. It wasn't as good as Walnut Creek, but many nights I hit both on the same night with just $3 in gas money.

Please post pics of the show when you get back?

Steve

#4 ·
Well, my report on the show is going to be a poor one, My efforts to get there before closing time failed , (the shovelhead picked up a roofing staple and got a flat tire at 3:00, and ran out of gas on the freeway, 2 exits away from Highway 4.), so we did not get there until 5pm, when most of the cars had already left. The ticket booth was closed, so we just rode in.

Even though most of the cars had left, here were still some hangers on though, so we did a quick walk through. For the most part, I'll let you guys figure out what this stuff is.

We did see some cars that were built later than 1964, and we did see billet parts on some of the cars..(Even though they make a big deal about "no billet parts of any kind",I guess they'll look the other way at registration, depending on how many cars show up, and what time it is.)

I have a few posts to make, I'm not doing the post them in my album, then link to the image routine...riding that rigid frame shovelhead 250 miles up and back all that washboard pothole filled highway 101 and 680 killed my back, and we didn't get home until 1:30, (at 10:30 PM my kickstart lever broke in front of my friend Gary's house in Fremont, and I had to gas weld that funky old thing back together :smash: ) , and I'm tired and grumpy...

Attachments

#5 · (Edited)
next 5, The last pic of the 31 PU, the guy's grandfather bought that truck new, and they kept in the family all these years. It looked like it was built 50 years ago.

I have a soft spot for those Lincolns and the Mercury Maruader (is it a Maruader?) was cool too...Just because...

Attachments

#6 ·
Gotta love a 59 caddy. I liked the 31 roadster on 32 rails too.

Attachments

#7 ·
The 34 sedan got loaded into Jerry Sezar's trailer, (I thought there was supposed to be no trailered cars :rolleyes: ) It would never pass tech at any dragstrip I've ever been to.

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
The 29 RPU belongs to my friend Eddie. It is on a heavily modified mid 70s Datsun pickup frame, with a winters quick change, 235 chevy and T-5...The windshield was totally his design, and the car, with the exception of some machine work, was built entirely by him..He drove it to Bonneville this year. :thumbup:

The too-tall 54 wagon is on a 75 Ford F100 2 wd frame, running Yukon wheels.
The guy is superb machinist, and fabricator, he likes his car alot..

Both Eddie and the 54 wagon guy are obviously uninfluenced by the opinion of others. I admire them for being individuals, when so many people are copying others in an effort to act original....

Although there were alot of cars already gone, I did not see one car there with no front brakes... :thumbup:

I'm going to go soak my back now...

Later, mikey

Attachments

#10 ·
powerrodsmike said:
Well, my report on the show is going to be a poor one, My efforts to get there before closing time failed , (the shovelhead picked up a roofing staple and got a flat tire at 3:00, and ran out of gas on the freeway, 2 exits away from Highway 4.), so we did not get there until 5pm, when most of the cars had already left. The ticket booth was closed, so we just rode in.

Bummer Mikey! You still saw a little and got some cool photos, thanks for that.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.