Anyone have a Bend Pak lift? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2004, 02:52 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Anyone have a Bend Pak lift?

I'm getting ready to purchase my lift. I think I have it narrowed down to either a Bend Pak or Rotary. The Rotary looks slightly better, but is almost $1000 more. I'd rather put that money into a car The Bend Pak looks good though ($2350 delivered) and they say they have been around for 40 years... Any other recommendations or opinions? The model I'm looking at is an asym-2 post...

Thanks

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2004, 02:03 PM
suck, squeeze, bang, blow

Last journal entry: finally reeled it in
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

There's no better lift than a Rotary in my humble opinion. I'm not a pro, but my lift is a Rotary. I've never had any kind of problems what so ever. I haven't even done any maintenance on it except for making a new plate for the cables, new cables, and hoses when I first bought it seven years ago. I bought it second hand from a Rotary dealer who bought it from a GM dealership and the plate was destroyed in transport. It suffers the cold, (the shop is heated but not all the time), the heat, overloading, and cycles up and down just about as much as it would if it were in a pro's shop. I should probably get the refurbish kit just for it's age, but it's solid, so why bother? The new hoists are made way better than mine so I could just imagine how easy and maintenance free these new hoists are especially the asymetricals.

My father-in-law looks after a licenced shop and they have a Ford-Smith. It's a tinker toy compared with a similar Rotary.

The Rotary guy is a friend and he drops by every now and then and checks out the hoist. He always tries to sell me another one, and I always tell him that when this one goes, I'll buy another Rotary. I am so sold on this brand of hoist, I'll never get another brand. There are Rotary posters in my shop to go with the Chevy and GM posters, I like to advertise the brands that have done well for me.

I know they cost a little more, but when you have to hang a couple of tons over your head do you really want to give the job to the lowest bidder or the best designed and built?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.